sunnydee123

HAWAII 11/05 - Need serious travelers...

I have some friends who are getting married there and I want to make the trip. I just don't think it would be fun to take a vacation like that solo, PLUS sure would be nice to share the costs with someone else who wants to take a kick ass vacation like that. B| It will be on Maui but I'm planning on island hopping because of course I'd like to make a jump or two there (Oahu). :P

So I am looking for anyone who has the time and cash and wants to go spend some time in the Hawaiin Islands in early November.

Drop me a PM, SERIOUS people. Need to start planning now before costs get too out of hand. I know how difficult it is for skydivers to NORMALLY plan that far ahead B|....but come on - it's just a little planning :o

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

WOW - guess Hawaii isn't as appealing as I thought :S - Perhaps I have to look OUTSIDE of the skydiving arena for a travel partner but normally skydivers are willing to do anything, hence why I thought a skydiver would be a fun travel partner....POOH!

Here is what I am planning to do while there SO FAR:

~slide rope through the rainforest
~hike a volcano
~snorkel a cool reef
~and of course make at least one jump

Otherwise the trip is totally "fly by the seat of my pants".....................I just love talking to myself :o

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

Yeah if ur on Oahu, there are some really cool water falls you can hike up to, and swim under haha. and the Diamond head hike is really cool, bring a flashlight! Also make sure u go to the Polyneisian(sp?) cultural center. trust me it is a really cool place to visit!

I would go, but that requires money! I think everyone would volunteer to go with u, but especially if ur island hopping... thats an expensive trip. They have an outdoor shopping/flea market (dont remember the name of it) in the center of the downtown part of oahu, and u will get some killer deals there if ur bargaining skills are up to par:)
----
-God, you are the perfect amount of dumb...

If you've got time and don't mind dodging pineapple trucks on a narrow road in Maui, drive to Hana. I think its called Hookipa, where they windsurf in big surf (as of 1988).

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

Ditto on the drive to Hana. Anyone who goes to Maui and has a rental car needs to do this. You should leave early in the AM though, like around 7 or 8, and plan on it being an all day excursion.

There is a book you can buy in the airports in Hawaii...can't remember the name but it's paperback. It tells you everything there is to know about Maui, from the secret waterfalls on the road to Hana (hiking involved) to the best snorkeling locations. Good places to stay are in Kihei and Lahaina. Lahaina has good shopping.

Did you know that Hawaii consumes 85% of the world's spam? Yuck.
--------------------------------------------------
Failure to prepare is preparing to fail

I may end up going back to Hawaii for the winter beginning in mid-October but that is not a definite yet. I still have a home over there that I hope to get back to at least until I sell it. I will keep you in mind and send you a PM when I know for sure but I imagine I will definitely be over there sometime between October and November of this year.

Blue Skies.
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."