WrongWay

How do you feel about revenge?

No evil deed is done for good reason.

The only thing better than a friend who knows you well is an enemy who knows you all too well.

I've seen it before - people running ramshackle over others. They hurt and harm and leave destruction in their wake. Yet, for some reason, they are not stopped. They are not victimized. They are not shown the error of their ways. There is no revenge.

I've had people fuck with me before. I used to take shit and not dish it back. Eventually I said "fuck this." Then I let them know I'm not taking it anymore. They didn't believe it. I got my revenge and it stopped.

Yep, I HATED bullies. I still HATE bullies. I HATED cliques. I still HATE cliques. I've been on the wrong end of bullies and cliques. And I've destroyed the bullies and cliques I encountered over the past ten years or so.

Tony Montana said is best: ""I neva fucked anybody over in my life, who didn't have it comin' to 'im, you got that? All I have in this world is my balls, and my word, and I don't break 'em for no one, jou understand?"

Rebecca and I don't throw the first punch. But you can bet we throw the last punches. Does my conduct elevate the conflict somewhat? Yep. Sometimes. I let most stuff slide. My wife and staff are amazed at how I don't let little things bother me.

But they've also seen that there is stuff I don't tolerate, and defending myself is not enough. There are times to go on the offensive.

Example - There's one attorney here in town in particular who won't be messing with me any more. She is on notice that all communications hereinafter with me on any case in the future will be in writing and that telephonic contact will not be used, and that all face to face contact in conference will be recorded, lest she feel the desire to misrepresent and lie before the court again to prejudice the judge against me personally.

But that's not my revenge. Those ar emy new rules in my long-term response. My revenge was swift and sweet. Here's the scoop. I'd been told to watch my back in dealing with this attorney, but she'd been fine with me. At a trial date I requested a continuance (I'd just come into this case two months prior) and I had not even been able to contact my client on the east coast in a month. So this attorney decides to tell the judge, in frotn of her client, that I refuse to cooperate and I operate in bad faith, I dont' provide the information that she requests, and that I demand that it be discovery (a legal procedure) instead of cooperating. This, of course, after I recommended discovery so she at least has options available if my client can't be contacted or won't provide what he should get. Mind you, she had also changed her mind three days prior about continuing this trial so as to catch me and my client off guard.

My revenge? In open court I discussed my problems with communications with my client and admitted that my client was flaky. Then I said, "but your honor, Ms. knows of this and indicated that her client was, quote, 'a fruitcake' and that the two 'deserved each other.' The difference is her client is local so she can get better control. I don't have that option." Her client heard it.

So, I'll do my best to prejudice her personally to the judge and her client. Was it mean? Yes. Did she deserve it? Absolutely. Was it personal? Damned straight. And I later gathered dirt on her for future use, both professional and personal.

Revenge? Absolutely. Am I a better person for it? No, but I'm no worse, either. I didn't throw the first punch but I damned sure delivered the final blow. This was followed after trial a couple of months later with some comments from me regarding my view of her and my displeasure at her tactics.

Heck, at trial I made an offer to settle during a recess to her and she immediately said, "No." I then told her that she is ethically obligated to reflect all offers to her client and she better go reflect it right now lest I report her for failing to do so.

I'm sorry if I'm not contented with merely defending myself. But it circumstances call for it, I will consider it combat, and go on the offensive. I won't sit idly by while she does it to others, either. But I'll leave her in tears if she messes with me again. I'll have her investigated if she tries to pull more fast ones on me.

I've got the ammo. And I'll use it. It's all true. I'll just need to report the facts. To paraphrase Rebecca, I will be flushed with pride if I am responsible for her downfall. And if I'm shrewd enough, I'll be the only one who knows it was me.

The best part is that whether or not she faces consequences is entirely up to her. It's her move.

"All I have in this world is my balls, and my word, and I don't break 'em for no one." Yeah, I've got balls. She knows that now.

Now, someone tell me that what I may do would be an "evil act." It would be revenge, but I'd place her in a whole of her own digging.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

That was a long post. Some of your described actions do not even fall into the category of revenge... some, I suppose, do. The thing about revenge is, everyone has a reason right? Giving a reason does not constitute justification.

I make no judgement about you but I do repeat:

No evil deed is done for good reason.

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!