skymama

Spent the morning in the ER with my son

It wasn't for me this time, it was for my son. :S He sprained his ankle in the first scrimmage of the soccer season this morning. It was an 8:30 am game...he charged after the ball, the grass was wet and his torso went one direction and his ankle rolled in the other direction. He only popped 1 ligament, so hopefully he'll be able to play at the end of the club season and still in the high school season. He's quite bummed.

The pathetic part of the whole situation was that I told the docs we didn't need crutches or an air cast because I already have it from when I rolled my ankle last year. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree! :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

She was about 60 years old and hard of hearing. :ph34r:

Hey now - that doesn't mean she isn't hot ;) My hair stylist I thought she was 42, maybe 45, turns out she was a beach bunny in the sixties, still smokin hot at 58! Damn!

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

i hope he gets better soon!! i'm recovering from mine from about 2 weeks ago - i've been feeling a million times better so i decided to go swimming today and the water resistence was a little harder than i planned - just tell him to take it easy!!

and kick ass that he plays soccer :) its a lot tougher than people give it credit for!
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

okay, on second thought, a smokin 40 year old for me is cool. A smokin 40 year old for him is called, umm, "Are you my moms older sister?" ;)

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

The last time I broke a bone was my ankle was during playing soccer. (twice!) The only times I had to go to the hospital/doctor for broken bones.

I *may* have had a nose bone fracture from white water rafting (paddle hit me!), but that was not checked or that the doctor told me it'd heal on its own.

Something tells me I better watch myself when I skydive. It's been over 10 years since I last had any broken bones.