ChasingBlueSky

Cancun?

Have a chance to do a last minute trip to Cancun with friends....we just found this deal and it looks amazing for the cost (all inclusive, including flight). The hotel would be near Pat O'Briens and Margaritaville.

I'm thinking of going since I haven't had a real vacation in two years and haven't been to Mexico for over four years now. I think part of the huge reduction of price for this is the fact that the flight back will be on Sept 11.

How is Cancun? How does it compare to Acapulco? how is that location?

If you wana see Mexico don't go to Cancun or Acapulco.
Cancun is not Mexico. They don't accept Pesos in most places; you have to pay in dollar...
Cancun has 95% US Citizens and 5% Mexicans (some bartenders etc.)
But if you want to make holyday outside of the US, but feel as never left the US, Cancun or Acapulco is great.
Fly to Puerto Escondido, aprox 280 miles south of Acapulco. You will have a lot more fun there.
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

Have a chance to do a last minute trip to Cancun with friends....we just found this deal and it looks amazing for the cost (all inclusive, including flight). The hotel would be near Pat O'Briens and Margaritaville.

I'm thinking of going since I haven't had a real vacation in two years and haven't been to Mexico for over four years now. I think part of the huge reduction of price for this is the fact that the flight back will be on Sept 11.

How is Cancun? How does it compare to Acapulco? how is that location?

Cancun's beaches are absolutely beautiful. It's a total tourist place, but gotta love that beautiful crystal blue water.

Walt

Just looking for something fun, easy, convienent. If I wanted to go for culture I would choose something else (Germany, Norway, Japan, New Zeland, Italy).

Besides, while I was in Acapulco I did get away from the city. We had a local act as our tour guide the entire time.

If I'm not mistaken, you can take ferries to places like Cozumel and Isla Mujeres. If the price is right, just go for it. I'm sure it won't suck!

I've only been to the Pacific side but I hear the beaches on the Carribean side are beautiful- white sand and clear blue water.

Hey! I just got back from a cruise that stopped in Cozumel and Playa Del Carmen, while at the Paya Del Carmen port we rented a car and drove to Cancun. I loved it, but then again I love torist places like that and I was only there for a day. I would love to go back with more time to spend though.

This is a picture of the beach right behind the Hard Rock Cafe in Cancun. I think it is way too pretty!

Have fun!
Danielle

"Life is either a great adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

I did not mean to say that Cancun is a bad place to do something cultural.
You can visit some beautiful pyramids close by.
But Cancun is a rip of. Prices as very high and it like not leaving the US at all.
Cancun is a place where you can do "Wild on" style or "Spring break" style type of vacations. But if you are looking for this I think you will love Cancun.
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch