west33freefall

Collapsible and Behind the Head slider?

I used to use magnets to hold the license plate onto the front bumper of my jeep. It was an air tank conversion bumper so I couldn't drill into it. That plate never did come off.

So what your saying is we shouldn't swoop your jeep??!! :D

Other than involving magnets and metal I really don't see how this is relevant.

Well, the point was that given the right (or wrong) combination of magnet strength, reserve pilot chute spring and luck you could be in for a bad scenario. It is unlikely, but if it ever happens I will be trying to dig up this post!

I've got them on my fronts only and in the 600+ jumps I've put on them they have never had the rears move up. The rear grommets are locked down by the fronts pulling down.

VSE was nice enough to install them on my risers when I ordered them new 3 years ago. :)

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

You don't need any fancy flip-tab devices like some of the stuff shown here, that are more complex than needed.

See attached - just a narrow piece of webbing, ends folded under, sewn to the front of the riser, is enough to catch the slider grommets. Simple.

This seems secure enough, but if one wants to be more certain, I've also done it with the webbing wrapping around the riser to provide a lip to catch the grommets at the sides as well. Remember that the diameter of stainless grommets isn't much more than the width of mini risers to begin with, so any time the grommets are at an angle or off centre, it is easy to catch them.

I don't like to stop the slider on the cover of
reserve ..... then i use this system and works very well

Ooo, I like those. Much lower profile than some of the slocks I've seen.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

Cool. Just wondering, do you ever have a problem with the slider coming up over the rear risers? I see that you can only have those stops on the fronts becaue of the hard housings on the rears. Just curious.

No, i don't have a problem.........because i put the closed slider under the riser's stop slider

;)
http://www.skymik.it