skylord

Katrina and the FAA

All,

I know this is a free for all forum, but I would like to ask for your thoughts, prayers, and vibes for the air traffic controllers working to get families and aircraft out in the face of the approaching hurricane. I was advised tonight that FAA management declared themselves non-essential and ran away 48 hours ago. They declared the controllers "essential", and left them at the facilities. This is cowardice. Trust me, in six months, the FAA will be handing out awards to these same managers who ran away.

There are famiilies trapped in these FAA Air Traffic Control facilities that are WAY underrated as to withstanding these kinds of onslaughts. But the controllers are there, working the traffic.

For all of you with loved ones in the face of this hurricane, my hopes, thoughts, and prayers. I will let you all know what I find out.......

Bob
Bob Marks

"-when you leave the airplane its all wrong til it goes right, its a whole different mindset, this is why you have system redundancy." Mattaman

On behalf of Delta and Atlantic Southeast Airline I would like to say thank you for working to help get our passengers and our expensive aircraft out of Baton Rouge safely. In the maintenance dept we have stayed here to get out planes out and our management have stayed right beside us the entire way. Best of luck to all of you.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Doesn't our very own PsychoBob do ATC on the Gulf Coast? [:/] Here's hoping he's okay through all this.

Oops, just noticed he's in the pics from the Roaming DZ rafting trip in NC. I'm guessing he's doing just fine away from the worst of it!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

See edit above. Don't know if Bob's headed back home yet or if he's still safe up in NC.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Hey all, Many Thanks for the good vibes. I made it home a few minutes ago and I going to get the finger X-rayed tomorrow morning. I volunteered to go in tomorrow at noon on a relief team and I may be going over to help the controllers in Mobile, AL, Gulfport, MS., New Orleans, LA. or where ever they need help. I'll find out tomorrow.

Please keep the good vibes going for those folks that are going to get pounded tonight and tomorrow. They'll need it in the days to come. Adios
"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

Robert,

That seems to be the standard method of operating for far too many mid level bureaucrats.>:( They are the ones that get recognition while standing on the backs of the people doing the job. I hope your fellow controllers and their families come out of this safely. We know they will get the job done.

Sparky

Enjoyed meeting you at the Boom shelter.:)
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals