Feeblemind

Boogie fees, what do you prefer???

True, we still have parties and the Pac is fun to jump from, plus it's REALLY fast to altitude. But, this is a boogie post and I was inquiring to the needs of invited guests that are not normally at the DZ on a week to week business.

Fire Safety Tip: Don't fry bacon while naked

Very well put.The registration should go to the boogie and the party.Not to the pocket.When an existing DZ charges $40-50 bucks for a boogie fee it makes me do the math to see what they really spent on the boogie.I did Dublin last year for $30 and we build the DZ from scratch.

So how did you get the planes out for that one? You did a great job by the way and it blows me away that you can "create" a dropzone like that and have such an insane turnout. You'z the shiznit!

Like someone else posted most of the time the planes come with a minimum along with maybe fuel one way and tranport and lodging for the pilot.Bottom line if the boogie flops the organizer has to pay.On Thur. at the Dublin Boogie when it was raining,between the tents,planes,return fuel and other money that was spent I was about 12 grand in the hole.

OUCH!

Ok that's it, no more bitching about a lack of aircraft from anyone except CSpenceFLY. He earned the right to bitch. Oh and I'm buying you a jump in Byron dude.

The rest of us can shut the fuck up now.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

Thank you thank you thank you..

:P

You pay boogie fees to be allowed to party at the facilities.. just like in the clubs in the city.. B| ha ha.. the only difference is.. drinks are FREE at our party.

You can't actually believe we'll stop complaining will you? :P ;)

Thank you thank you thank you..

:P

You pay boogie fees to be allowed to party at the facilities.. just like in the clubs in the city.. B| ha ha.. the only difference is.. drinks are FREE at our party.

You can't actually believe we'll stop complaining will you? :P ;)

Nope.. I can't believe it.. but I hope you will :)

Well I am sure there will be more more votes, but the general vibe I am getting is that the community just wants access some type of food and beer is a bonus. The major constant is the majority wants lift capacity for all their out of town guests.

Well I am sure there will be more more votes, but the general vibe I am getting is that the community just wants access some type of food and beer is a bonus. The major constant is the majority wants lift capacity for all their out of town guests.

Dude I totally agree with you.. but you can also read from CSpence's post what having extra lift capacity costs and the risks involved..

What if the winds are up?
What if it rains?
What if
What if..

A boogie is always a big risk to a dropzone from a financial standpoint.
A couple years ago we had 2 otters and a Skyvan just sitting there, cause the weather was bad... they still need to be paid for, and the only way they get paid for is when people jump them..
If the loads are all backed up like what you're afraid is gonna happen.. they will go out of their way to get more lift capacity...

Just come on out, plan on jumping a lot... and have a good time :)

And if I want to go to McDonald's and spend $3 on dinner, then why should I be forced to spend $70 so I can eat some "fancy" shit? Keep the registration for the plane ferry fees (and entertainment, if any), but make the boogie B.Y.O.B. (and food).

Yet another reason i love my SDC. They don't charge super high boogie fees to pay for beer or fancy food. With their boogie fees you get discounted jumps, usually some neat thing (most recently an awesome skydiving calendar), load organizing, sometimes coaching, and of course to help pay ferry fees for specialty aircraft.

If you want food or beer, you supply it yourself. Or you can buy it there. I much prefer paying a lower boogie fee, than being ripped off for food and beer i don't use.

I'm with Sunny on the BYOB and food. Everyone likes different beer or liquor and if people want they can pool and get a keg. Use the money for discounted jumps, planes ferrying fees and some premier load organizers or something.

Dixie
HISPA #56 Facil Rodriguez
"Scientific research has shown that 60% of the time, it works every time."

Aircraft: DEFINITELY agree. One reason why I teased Iwan in the Events thread that it isn't a real boogie w/o a tailgate aircraft.

He he.. well.. you know what? Some of the most badass boogies don't have tailgate aircraft either..

It's the people that make a boogie, cool airplanes are just extra... :P

Hey, well since the only boogies I've been to had a Skyvan or CASA (Davis), I got expectations. Sorry.
You can promise I'll be proven wrong and I'll promise I'll TRY to be proven wrong. How about that?

Dude I totally agree with you.. but you can also read from CSpence's post what having extra lift capacity costs and the risks involved..

What if it rains?
What if
What if..

A couple years ago we had 2 otters and a Skyvan just sitting there, cause the weather was bad... they still need to be paid for, and the only way they get paid for is when people jump them..
If the loads are all backed up like what you're afraid is gonna happen.. they will go out of their way to get more lift capacity...

Iwan,
(It's only partially whining - I'm genuinely curious), do you know how much more Skyvans/CASAs are than an Otter? Just curious. There is a nice spreadsheet here, but no skyvan/CASA for comparison.

What if it rains?
What if
What if..

Iwan,
(It's only partially whining - I'm genuinely curious), do you know how much more Skyvans/CASAs are than an Otter? Just curious. There is a nice spreadsheet here, but no skyvan/CASA for comparison.

This post has nothing to do with the NCFF/Byron boogie!! It was a general question. The NCFF/Byron boogie is organiZed and Iwan and the gang will have pleanty of lift capacity to get us in the air.

Iwan,

I don't, if you want to know, call Skydive Arizona or Perris Valley for Twin Otter / Skyvan info, and Paul Fayard for Casas....

Another thing to consider,in reguards to food, is most boogie organizers can't afford to have 200 people leave at lunch time to go get a burger in town.In addition to convenience that is another reason to have food on the DZ.

As a side note.I am convinced that you could give away free jumps and someone would complain about the aircraft they had to jump out off.

As a side note.I am convinced that you could give away free jumps and someone would complain about the aircraft they had to jump out off.

Ya think? We're just a whiney bunch...

1. No way. Never. (unless I was really rich and I'm not).

1a. Yes, it is fun to whine. I think I've already stated it.B|