snoochiebooches

newbie lookin for low pack volume chute

I have a talon 2 container size T5 3.0. Pack volume of 475 cubic inches for the main that originally housed a stiletto 150. Looking for a low pack volume 190 chute suitable for a beginner that will fit. Thinking a 7 cell may help due to less stitching. Don't really know though. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Low pack volume, eh? PM Stratostar. He just might have an old Paradactyl he's willing to part with.

Sorry, I'm being a smartass. I can't help you, and hope you can find someone who can give you a helpful answer. I will tell you this - if your container is sized for a 150, getting a 190 in there might be tough.

If you keep asking, someone will give you the answer you looking for. It may not be the correct and safe answer.

Are you asking here because the riggers and instructors at the DZ told you what has been previously said?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Just tryin to clarify my original post. I'm actually waiting for a response from the rigger/instructor i spoke with at the dz. By looking at the container he said i should go to a 160 reserve but was unsure exactly how big of a main would fit. He directed me to get the exact volume as i did today. I was just curious since i'm new to this and simply don't know if there were other reputable chute manufacturers or even just other models that may have lower pack volumes. If not that's understandable but thought it would be worth a try. thx

There is no way you are going to get a 160 reserve and a 190 main into a T5, there is just too much material there no matter what canopies you choose. You might be able to shove a 170 7 cell main in there with the 160 but I'd be leary of that and would run it by Sandy or any of the riggers out at Rigging Innovations first since it might be too full even then.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com