hottamaly

Rita a cat 5 now, look out Texas

Let's get the folks out while they can, Galviston being evacuated now as we speak. Any one from there that can keep us posted on what's happening?

Skydiving gave me a reason to live
I'm not afraid of what I'll miss when I die...I'm afraid of what I'll miss as I live

I'm roughly ... okay, a pretty long way from the coast... College Station. A&M students are not having class on Friday and the TAMU Galveston kids have been evacuated as of 5 pm last night, I believe.

My parents live in NW Houston and they're waiting in mega long lines for water and plywood, etc.

Oh and the A&M vs Texas State Football game has been moved from Saturday to tomorrow night at 7:30 PM!

All you coastal folks... get the HECK out of the way!!!

Just got back from the dz and went by the med center to pick up medication for a friends dad. Traffic is absolutely the worst I have ever seen. It was backed up on 1462 past the dz further than you could see toward Alvin, Hughway 288 into Houston was 15 mph to the tollway which wasn't moving at all.

Looks like everyone is leaving, but it's probably less than 50%.

The dz was full of staff trailers and equipment. Plane looked very lonely sitting out by the fuel pumps and no jumpers around it. All the windows were boarded up so about the best that Hoop, dot and Eric could do.

Everything is up off the floor or on the second floor.

We'll keep our fingers crossed that the hanger survives the wind damage.

Trent and I will probably try to get out in the wee hours Friday morning since we are facing a Cat 5 now. There is nothing we could do in those winds if a roof starts to go or windows start to blow out.

We will head to Ft Hood North of Waco.

Blue skies,

Jim

My dad and sister w/family live in Conroe so hopefully they won't see too much of it. I've been in Houston before and have seen it rain so much that it flooded the city and most underground parking so it will be interesting to see how hard it gets hit.

The traffic sucks out there as it is so, if you have to leave, go early.

Skydiving gave me a reason to live
I'm not afraid of what I'll miss when I die...I'm afraid of what I'll miss as I live

Aye i'll be heading down to galveston this evening to help pick up some stuff with my bros. I'll try n get some footage of the place. Brought my lab reports to keep my occupied on the way back!
YEEEHAW. Life of a college Student goes on.
When you come close to losing your life, you learn to value it.
I jumped, I survived, I learnt.

Mandatory evacuations starting at 6 am tomorrow for Baytown. I'm leaving tonight with my boys for San Antone. I was leaving tomorrow morning but I won't be able to get to San Antone unless I leave tonight!
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

Yeah its kinda a madhouse right now trying to get out of town. Any trip thats usually 2-3 hours (ie: San Antonio) is now an estimated 14. Dallas (north) isn't any better either. All the evacuees from Galveston and such are coming through Houston. This one looks like its going to be a doozey :S

Yeah its kinda a madhouse right now trying to get out of town. Any trip thats usually 2-3 hours (ie: San Antonio) is now an estimated 14. Dallas (north) isn't any better either. All the evacuees from Galveston and such are coming through Houston. This one looks like its going to be a doozey :S

Brits, what are you doing? Leaving or staying?

I was going to leave in the morning, but now I'm thinking tonight...

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?