Girlfalldown

Advice on a color "lasar" printer

It really depends on what you plan on using it for.
It would have to suck a little bit for less than 1K.
It just comes down to if you want high dpi or ppm.
I'd say check with Lexmark then HP.

dots per inch
pages per minute

It really depends on what you plan on using it for.
It would have to suck a little bit for less than 1K.
It just comes down to if you want high dpi or ppm.
I'd say check with Lexmark then HP.

dots per inch
pages per minute

That's kind of what I thought. Right now we have an office of 4 and a half people, each with their own color inkjet. We print black and white mostly but once in a while we have to crank out 50 or more color copies of something and it takes forever on the inkjet printers. We're just looking for a half decent one for that.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

My work uses lexmark b/w laser printers for everyday stuff and a HP laser printer for color stuff.

The lexmarks work better but the HP's are cheaper.
Depending on how your company is it may be better to lease a color laser printer.

If it were me, and I was printing color DOCUMENTS I would get a lexmark. But I am a certified lexmark (B/W Laser) repair tech.

Before you get anything I would check on the toner costs and see if you can get replacement toner for that printer easily as that can be costly and a pain in the a$s.

At home I have a HP color Inkjet that prints up to 5 ppm @ 2400dpi (I Think) it will go up to 48 but takes days to print. Then I have a Lexmark T620 B/W laser printer that will do 28 to 30ppm @ 1200 dpi. I use it to print manuals and stuff. I've had it for a few years and have never had to get a new toner, but it was made for high volume printing and I travel too much to really use it.

You may be able to get away with just lowering the dpi on your current printers if you are not printing pictures.

I hope this helped some.

Depending on how your company is it may be better to lease a color laser printer.

That'd be my recommendation too... we bought a 'cheap' color laser printer... the print quality wasn't that good, and due to the cost of consumables, it was anything but cheap to operate!

We currently lease a nice KyrocitaMita, the print quality is great, and the per page price covered by the lease is less than we can have color copies made for.

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

I have sold plenty of HP 4550N color lasers for waaaaaaaaaaaay under $400 bucks. They go cheap on eBay. Just make sure to figure out where to get the toner - if you buy it new toners - you will go bankrupt :)

There are plenty more good color lasers out there, I am only mentioning 4550N cuz I know it goes cheap and it's a good printer ( and it's the one I have sold and never had a problem with ).