ntrprnr

Another F'ing Wedding tomorrow... Single guy... Best man. Ugh

I love my friend, I really do - I'm the best man at his wedding tomorrow.

But seriously - can we just talk for a SECOND about how GD SICK I AM OF GOING TO WEDDINGS SINGLE?

Let alone everyone going, "so when are YOU" getting married?

I'm trying to come up with new lines to respond. "Well, ma'am, that means I'd have to move and re-register as a bestiality offender - it's just not worth it. More shrimp?"

But seriously - Ugh. With that said, He's been my best friend since high school - 18 years... So of course I'd do it. And I'll be wonderful, and make a great speech, and all will be well.

But I've been to 5 weddings this summer. I'm just soover it.

I agree... But you know what? I'm sick of it. Getting laid is fun - no doubt... But... I dunno. It's... dare I say... empty? I know - I never thought I'd be saying this, either. I should be all over the whole single guy who looks damn good in a tux with tons of drunk bridesmaids around... But... I dunno. I'm just kinda over it.

I'd kinda like to be the guy getting married, you know? At least that way, I dunno - maybe it's not so damn empty.

Eh. such is life.

Big smile. BIG SMILE!

Heh.

Oh, I so feel your pain. I've stopped going to weddings unless I'm really close to one or both of the people involved. If it involves lots of travel, I'd better *really* like them.

I went to one last summer where there was exactly one single guy there who wasn't someone's date. And what does the bride do? She sits me with all the married couples and he's all the way across the room. Granted, said single guy was the bride's former f-buddy, but still. :P

Have fun, buck up, and maybe you could meet some cool chick to date, not take home in a drunken stupor tomorow night. Of course, if you try that whole "gosh this wedding is so beautfiul I just wish it was me up there," the chicks are either gonna think you're gay or full of shit and just out to get laid.:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

take it from someone that was married... these are the best days of your life :)
To quote Tom Waits, "I don't mind going to weddings as long as they're not my own."
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Two things for you my unknown friend. . .

#1. Watch wedding crashers. . .its freaking hilarious.

#2. I am 44 and single (again), get over it. . .

Hugs and happy endings. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

Having been married(and divorced) twice, I have to say married life was, at times wonderful. However, it was also some of the most miserable experiences in my life. I am enjoying being single again. Based on my own experience I prefer being single.... but that is just me. Your mileage may vary:)

I don't like weddings... and frankly my mom is worse then any of my friends... She actually told me over the phone a week or so ago that my brother and I needed to hurry up and have kids as we were the only ones likely to be around for her to "Enjoy the Grandchildren."

Of course never mind that both my brother and I are VERY single... I think she's going to have to settle for dog sitting for a while yet... :S:P
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

don't stress out too much... hopefully this will be the last one for a while .. then you wont need to worry about it anymore :)... i went to 4 weddings in five weeks at the beginning of the summer and i didnt have a date to a single one of them... i was kinda bummed out at first but in all seriousness i probably wouldnt have been able to socialize and catch up as much with a date... make the best of the situation.. its a day to be happy for your friend... chin up.. things will get better
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

It's... dare I say... empty? I know - I never thought I'd be saying this, either. I should be all over the whole single guy who looks damn good in a tux with tons of drunk bridesmaids around... But... I dunno. I'm just kinda over it.

You're there ! ;)

shall
B|

#2. I am 44 and single (again), get over it. . .

Hugs and happy endings. . .

44 and single rocks :)

Of course it rocks. . .I am having the time of my life. . .B|
FGF #6
Darcy