brucet7

Going Shopping????

I post this with some angst. In the next couple of week I might be going shopping for my first rig. It will have to be used. My question has several levels.

In the maze of equipment where does one begin?

Should one look for a complete rig, or look for components and mix and match?

Since every company has different sizings, what is the best way to sort through all the ads to get to one which might work? I am a big guy (6' 240 lbs so most equipment is too small.)

I have an appointment to visit my dz and visit but want to get some other idea. I asked yesterday about coming and talking about my questions and was told about a rig online that might be just what I need. I am glad there is one, but that wasn't my question exactly.

Also, at this point I am not really interested in a "which equipment is best" discussion. I feel like I did when I went computer shopping the first time. "What are you going to use it for?" I didn't even know that they did and I do not use it the way I thought I would those 20+ years ago anyway. Maybe I am just looking for a good list of question to ask and consider.
POPS #10623; SOS #1672

I'm 6'2" and 230lbs.

I found buying used a kit a nightmare. Not much stuff comes along and when it does its gone quick. Keep an eye on the classifieds.

Then I sold my rig - Big stupid mistake. Mother of all mistakes. Now I'm having to go through it all again. I've decided that, apart from a container that I found by chance, I'm going to buy all new.

I've PM'd you too.