jtval

JUMP A SIKORSKY on sunday

ok so here's one rigged up to fight fires.
sikorsky

on sunday 23 october will will be jumping out of one.
anyone going to the boogie?

get this..Brad (DZO)just confirmed that it will be there taking us up to 7,000ft(AGL, duh)
wanna know how much it'll cost?

its cheap. wanna guess?

Come on give it a shot?

its only going to cost $30USD to jump from a sikorsky I'll see you there
My photos

My Videos

heres a pic of one that will be more fitted for jumping
sikorsky

I've been inside that one (on the ground). Don't count on jumping one of those any time soon... there are only about 6 or 7 of them or so actually delivered so far. And the worst part is the flight manual doesn't allow flight with the rear ramp open. A demonstrator for the military version is going through flight testing right now... I tried to volunteer to test jump it, but the guy in charge of the demonstrator laughed at me. Maybe some day...

Dave

I've been inside that one (on the ground). Don't count on jumping one of those any time soon... there are only about 6 or 7 of them or so actually delivered so far. And the worst part is the flight manual doesn't allow flight with the rear ramp open. A demonstrator for the military version is going through flight testing right now... I tried to volunteer to test jump it, but the guy in charge of the demonstrator laughed at me. Maybe some day...

Dave

I dont know which model we are jumping out of but I know we are jumping out of it this weekend;)

Chris,
SWEET!!! free ones? NIIICE!!!
My photos

My Videos

I dont know which model we are jumping out of but I know we are jumping out of it this weekend

The first one, a Skycrane, can have a cargo pod fitted, but not likely. I don't know if there are any flying around in the cargo configuration. Could be an S-76 http://www.sikorsky.com/details/0,3036,CLI1_DIV69_ETI266,00.html

Could be an S-58 Choctaw/Seahorse/Seabat (H-34) http://www.helis.com/inc/dibu.php?m=1&s=../h/h34_3.jpg

Derek

S-58 would be my guess. A 76 is VERY expensive to operate and the only ones that can open their doors in flight are search and rescue models. Could probably hold 14-16 jumpers though I bet.

There are a lot of other older models out there doing all kinds of different work. We were gonna get an S-58 (original radial engine model) out to jump this year (it was used once for a demo), but it never happened.

Dave