Slappie

MLB sucks

funny how even a mayor as corrupt as Dailey can't even get any recognition for his team....although I think the real reason the sox get hosed about coverage would happen to be that whole ownership thing. something about a north side team being owned by the Worlds Greatest Newspaper.:P:P:P:P Uh...just kidding about the worlds greatest newspaper thing....was always a Suntimes reader while growing up in Bridgeport.:)

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

funny how even a mayor as corrupt as Dailey can't even get any recognition for his team....although I think the real reason the sox get hosed about coverage would happen to be that whole ownership thing. something about a north side team being owned by the Worlds Greatest Newspaper.:P:P:P:P Uh...just kidding about the worlds greatest newspaper thing....was always a Suntimes reader while growing up in Bridgeport.:)

You do know that is where the WGN call letters come from, right? With Tribune owning so much of the media in this town, and having a superstation broadcast across the country....it was only by force feeding Cubs Games to the nation that they became so popular. Meanwhile the Sox were on crappy UHF channels like 32 and 44 at the same time.....or moved to cable before anyone in the city had cable.

And neither of the Mayor Daley's seemed to be able to make this into a Sox town - air raid sirens and all.

You should be more worried about the strength of the rest of your starters now that Roger is out.

Roger is slated to start game 5 (if necessary).

Blues,
Dave

huh, when did that happen? ESPN last night said he was done for the series.

You should be more worried about the strength of the rest of your starters now that Roger is out.

Roger is slated to start game 5 (if necessary).

Blues,
Dave

huh, when did that happen? ESPN last night said he was done for the series.

Garner begs to differ. :D http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2005/news/story?id=2202800

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Some asswipe from New York makes the desicion for the team in Houston? Seriously this isn't about weather or the fans. It's about whose got the larger penis and MLB just punked my franchises owner.

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

HOUSTON -- Major League Baseball ordered the roof open at Minute Maid Field for Game 3 of the World Series on Tuesday night, ignoring the wishes of the Houston Astros.

Jimmie Lee Solomon, executive vice president of baseball operations in the commissioner's office, made the announcement at Minute Maid Field about four hours before the scheduled first pitch. It was 71 degrees and the sky was cloudless when Solomon spoke.

"It's a beautiful day," Solomon said. "This is not unprecedented. It happened in 2001 down in Arizona. The roof was open all four games there."

The Astros like playing with the roof closed because, among other things, it increases the noise.

Solomon said the commissioner's office followed the Astros' regular-season guidelines, which call for the roof to be open when the temperature is under 80 degrees and there is no rain.

"I think it's a disregard to our fans, the comfort of our fans," Astros manager Phil Garner said.

Solomon said the roof is likely to be open for all games in Houston this week.

The part he says about Az. well they wanted their roof open. WE DON'T! Bastards.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

71F, cloudless - beautiful day, perfect day for baseball. Houston rules says for roof to be open if there is good weather under 80F. This ruling has happened in the past with other teams. Yea, I see how this is a plot to get Houston :S

Get over it

And Garner....he HATES the White Sox owner.....used to bitch about him when he was with Milwaukee. I'm sure he is happy to have something to fuel his fire again.

71F, cloudless - beautiful day, perfect day for baseball. Houston rules says for roof to be open if there is good weather under 80F. This ruling has happened in the past with other teams. Yea, I see how this is a plot to get Houston :S

Get over it

And Garner....he HATES the White Sox owner.....used to bitch about him when he was with Milwauke. I'm sure he is happy to have something to fuel his fire again.

1. Houston rules are OUR Rules.. not MLB Plus there has been times in the past this season it stayed clsoed because that's what the team wanted. That's the way it should be. It is after all OUR HOME FIELD... :|

2. It's never happened in the past where MLB has forced and issue like this. This is unprecidented.

3. Never said it was a plot, just said it's a way to take away our homefield advantage.

4. Good for Garner.. White Sox have skated on bad calls the entire playoffs, let's hope finally the umpires get their shit together and call a good game tonight.

May the better team win. Go `Stros!

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

1. Houston rules are OUR Rules.. not MLB Plus there has been times in the past this season it stayed clsoed because that's what the team wanted. That's the way it should be. It is after all OUR HOME FIELD... :|

If that was true then MLB wouldn't take the majority of the tickets for the World Series. Only about 2500 tickets went on sale here, and with about 10000 season ticket holders that means MLB took over 30k seats that WHITE SOX FANS could have used...you know, those fans that have been here all year. Even the fans that purchased 2006 season tickets (an additional 5000 or so) couldn't get WS tickets due to the MLB. Read the rules/fine print - MLB own everything in this sport. They get to overturn just about anything they want.

2. It's never happened in the past where MLB has forced and issue like this. This is unprecidented.

I find that hard to believe and will hit my sports history books once I finally get home tonight. I do remember Selig making calls about the All-Star game - making sure it mattered (home field advantage in WS), and calling an early end to an actuall game.

3. Never said it was a plot, just said it's a way to take away our homefield advantage.

If a little bit of noise is the only advantage you see with that park, then you are blind.

4. Good for Garner.. White Sox have skated on bad calls the entire playoffs, let's hope finally the umpires get their shit together and call a good game tonight.

I remember a certain coach from a certain St Louis team that didn't feel that the umps were getting all the calls right in the NLCS. In fact, I think he was upset because all the bad calls were going for Houston. He got so upset he was tossed from the game. Funny how bad someone's short term memory can be.

You know I wasn't aware the Astro's had such guidelines. If MLB is responsible for making the decision during the World Series, it kind of makes sense that they would simply follow the guidelines the home team already has in place, doesn't it?

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

You know I wasn't aware the Astro's had such guidelines. If MLB is responsible for making the decision during the World Series, it kind of makes sense that they would simply follow the guidelines the home team already has in place, doesn't it?

Blues,
Dave

now now....that's just being logical....it's much better to be fanatical in this situation

Oh hell... I think they should just close the roof so when the Sox beat the hell outta them, there's one less thing to whine about ;)
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

Blues,
Dave

Follow their own guidelines when it's to their advantage not to?

It won't matter, the whining from the Houston fans will still be deafening.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

White Sox have skated on bad calls the entire playoffs, let's hope finally the umpires get their shit together and call a good game tonight.

Like Lane's homerun that just wasn't? :S The officiating has seriously sucked this post-season. [:/]

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

Go 89ers!

That's the only baseball I've ever really enjoyed and I really don't enjoy baseball...now if the players could carry the bat with them around the bases and use it like an ASP...that would be an enjoyable game.:D

Maybe the game was more enjoyable back in the late 1800's early 1900's when Cocaine was legal and was openly encouraged for use by baseball players. *shrug*
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

White Sox have skated on bad calls the entire playoffs, let's hope finally the umpires get their shit together and call a good game tonight.

Like Lane's homerun that just wasn't? :S The officiating has seriously sucked this post-season. [:/]

Blues,
Dave

hah...I was just thinking that! haha (listening to the Houston play by play as well - they admitted it wasn't a homer..and they also said how beautiful the weather was with zero wind)

You know what I did? I turned off the audio of Joe Buck because I couldn't care about his obsession of showing the replay over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over......for fucks sake.

Just play the damn game. Houston got a lucky call...but we kept focus and turned it around anywhow (10 batters and 5 runs off their ace pitcher in one inning....and a childish bean ball on Crede, yea the Cards have more class than this team). Let's see what happens now.

But I'm sure all of this is happening because the roof is open:S

Just play the damn game. Houston got a lucky call...but we kept focus and turned it around anywhow (10 batters and 5 runs off their ace pitcher in one inning....and a childish bean ball on Crede,

In the same inning, the announcers were saying it wasn't clear whether Oswalt hit Dye. There was zero question in my mind (even before the replay) that the pitch caught jersey. It was seemingly another call in Houston's favor till Dye hit in the runner at second at which point the bad call went the other way by leaving him at the plate. That said, I'm pretty sure that pitch that hit Crede just got away from Oswalt. There's no way he throws a beanball in that situation, and in the bizarre alternate universe that he does throw at Crede, he does it on a 0-0 count. Counting Dye (technically, but not painfully), plus Konerko later, that's 3 hit batters by Houston without any retaliation (thus far) by Chicago. That's gotta be some kind of record.

Edit to add: Going to the 10th now and can't believe I'm this into a game when I don't particularly love or hate either team. Also, I can't believe Guillen left that in El Duque's hands, I certainly wouldn't have trusted him. I'm also surprised he didn't retaliate for the Crede/Konerko hits by hitting Berkman (who I wouldn't have even have tried pitching to in that situation [2 outs & runners on the corners]).

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

....what an incredible game...pitcher #9 (our starter!) for the Sox tonight....it's 1:20am here....finally!!!! we win! omg, my heart.

damn. one more win for us.....:o

....what an incredible game...pitcher #9 (our starter!) for the Sox tonight....it's 1:20am here....finally!!!! we win! omg, my heart.

Let the whining begin.;)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

It was a really good, edge of your seat kind of game. I had to be up early today and so planned on going to bed no later than 10. The last thing I needed was a 14 inning game, but it was fun to watch. ;)

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

I can't believe I stayed up to watch the whole damn game. As soon as they put Blum in I should have given up. Isn't that sports cliche rule #52 "In a clutch situation, a player will always make a gamebreaking play against the team from which he was cut." What a terrible week for Houston sports, the texans suck, the Astros are in need of a sports miracle (it is possible) and the Houston Heat dodgeball team was eliminated by Average Joes. Where's Lima and the rally cap when we really need it? (casa ole, just isn't the same without Jose singing)

Grendel Khan-The Official DZ.Com Newbie Forum Nuisance
"They sicken of the calm, that know the storm."