kenz

san antonio

anyone have any recommendations on things to do or restaurants to eat at ... must sees etc etc.. i'll be there wed-sun any and all suggestions would rock! thanks :)
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

Jacala is a good Mexican food place.

I'll second County Line - haven't been to the Riverwalk one, but the old one off of 1604 was great.

Little Red Barn off of 37 going through the middle of town is good, too.

Once you get into downtown, there's all kinds of stuff - The Alamo, Riverwalk, Rivercenter Mall, just wander around a bit...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Mi Tierra restaurant. Stay at La Quinta and walk there.

mi tierra is a must!.. but be prepared to wait...
alamo cafe has always been a favorite, if you want a burger--chester's has the best. what area are you going to be in? they have fun bars along the riverwalk- have fun!!
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce

dicks-- that's just what i was thinking! they're all right there. right across from dlr is that place with the really good mudslides {i cant remember the name right now but i'll come back and edit}.. it's huge -tons of fun! and of course, howl at the moon:):):)
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce

If you're staying downtown, all the good places are on the river walk. Mad Dog's is an English Pub.. Casa Rio is pretty good but not as good as Mi Tierra over on Market Square.. its awesome. Theres almost always a wait, but its totally worth it.
Theres a few martini bars and such down there too.
I love San Antonio! Have fun!

{i cant remember the name right now but i'll come back and edit}..

Fat tuesdays.;) it is right across from Dicks, polly esthers, and next to Coyote ugly, and a martini bar.:D

Kenz, Holiday Inn downtown is right off of Durango i believe. There is a TX land and Cattle steak house right next to it on the river, great steaks. Mi-tierra's is not that far away either, walking distance if you feel adventurous. As others mentioned, County line is good for bar b que. Dirty nellies is an "irish" pub that has a singing piano player, it is fun but not very authentic.:D
Riverwalk

If you are into "fine dining" try Boudro's or Biga on the Banks. Both are also located along the river walk.

I have lived here for about 20 years, if you want any more info, send me a pm.:)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Hit "Jersey Nelly's" Irish pub on the river walk, not to far from Dicks Last Resort....

Uh, that's Durty Nelly's! A very fun place...

I started my 21st b-day at Dick's - left after several margaritas, one free bottle of Mad Dog 20/20 and a pink penis balloon tied around my waist . I've also participated in a restaurant-wide spit wad fight there... B|

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?