shropshire

Squash .vs. Racquetball

Squash is bigger here in the U.K (I'm currently playing 3 or 4 times a week plus a lesson) - it's improving my general fitness level loads....
How does it rate againts R/B? I've played a bit, on a squash court (no ceiling) but didn't rate it as much (it didn't seem to have as much finesse)..

Gives us your opinions/thoughts please...

Regards,

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

The main advantage here in the states is that you seldom have to wait in a queue for access to a squash court whereas the racquet ball courts are almost always booked in advance. In comparison racquet ball play involves more power strokes and squash requires greater finesse and strategy IMO. I've played squash since ~1983 and prefer it to racquet ball, however, I keep a racquet for the latter sport in my locker just in case I am asked to play. Both games are excellent means to relieve stress.

You guys still play blue and yellow dots over there? In Chicago we're mostly white dotters.

Blutarsky 2008. No Prisoners!

Ta

My dodge earned your scorn, I admit.

But I'm scheduled to serve as judge at the 24th Annual Law School International Moot Court Competition in Information Technology and Privacy Law at 6 pm zulu, which is only a few minutes from now.

So I'm off to be the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Ta ...

Blutarsky 2008. No Prisoners!

Thanks... it doesn't seem slow when I'm having my arse kicked by some youngster:(
So, it seems like a different sort of game all round... I'll give it another go some time..... We've still got a couple of USAF bases near us so I'll chat someone up for a game, if I hear the accent at the DZ.....

(.)Y(.)

I've always liked racquetball, as long as it was played in an enclosed court. You get to bash the ball as hard as you want. Loads of fun... Used to play it a lot, then I moved and now there's nobody to play with and the nearest court is miles away... oh well...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Super slow - Yellow Dot
Slow - White Dot or Green Dot
Medium - Red Dot
Fast - Blue Dot

Experience level wise - the slower the ball the more experience needed generally. World championships are played with double yellow.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Half my office plays Squash. Haven't gotten around to taking it up yet. Have a coupon for a free lesson at my gym. Maybe I'll give it a shot next week. Nice think is my gym is downstairs in our building. 3/4 of our office belongs. We have a biweekly 4 on 4 (sometimes 5 on 5) half court basketball game at lunch.

As a matter of fact...headed down now. Cya.

or the Dunlop system...

Pro - double yellow dot
Competition -single yellow dot (for club players and/or cool courts)
Progress (for intermediate players)
Beginner - blue color and slightly oversized

see..clicky for dunlop details..

(.)Y(.)