NWFlyer

The Party's Over

That's right, my six months of full-time postwhoring/ traveling/ dropzone visiting/ boogie hopping/ savings account draining, it's time. It looks like I'm going back to work.

Haven't accepted the job yet, but it's just a matter of working out the final details - probably by the end of this week. I'll be working for a Cambridge, Mass based software company, but based out of my home office in Seattle. The job will likely involve 60%+ travel, though, which could be nationwide (but I hope, and they hope, as they continue to build their client base on this side of the country, that it'll eventually settle down to be primarily western states.)

What does this mean for you, the wonderful people of dropzone.com?

--A decline in my postwhoring :P

--An increase in the likelihood that I'll be near you during the week should you want to introduce me to the local watering holes. B|

--An increase in the likelihood that I'll decide to stay for the weekend and visit the nearby dropzones rather than fly back home. :)
--An increase in my frequent flyer balance, which also increases the likelihood that I can randomly boogie-hop. B|

--An increase in my income (well, there's only one place to go but "up" when you're unemployed), which increases both my jump and beer budget. You might end up being a beneficiary. :D

--A probable increase in my occasional crankiness. :|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

That's right, my six months of full-time postwhoring/ traveling/ dropzone visiting/ boogie hopping/ savings account draining, it's time. It looks like I'm going back to work.

Haven't accepted the job yet, but it's just a matter of working out the final details - probably by the end of this week. I'll be working for a Cambridge, Mass based software company, but based out of my home office in Seattle. The job will likely involve 60%+ travel, though, which could be nationwide (but I hope, and they hope, as they continue to build their client base on this side of the country, that it'll eventually settle down to be primarily western states.)

What does this mean for you, the wonderful people of dropzone.com?

--A decline in my postwhoring :P

--An increase in the likelihood that I'll be near you during the week should you want to introduce me to the local watering holes. B|

--An increase in the likelihood that I'll decide to stay for the weekend and visit the nearby dropzones rather than fly back home. :)
--An increase in my frequent flyer balance, which also increases the likelihood that I can randomly boogie-hop. B|

--An increase in my income (well, there's only one place to go but "up" when you're unemployed), which increases both my jump and beer budget. You might end up being a beneficiary. :D

--A probable increase in my occasional crankiness. :|

The good old days...back to the grind! - What you lookin' at! get back to work!!! >:(

Yay! Come to Sandy Eggo!

I prefer strawberries on my waffles.

Believe it or not, that took a re-read for me to get it.

You always were a little slow, Suds. I hope to spend lots more time in SoCal, especially over the (brrr) winter months.

Work is so over rated!!!;)

Yes, yes it is. But unfortunately, an income isn't overrated.

So, till I figure out that "independently wealthy" thing, I must work again. Got any ideas?

The g/f posed a similar question and I mentioned her proximity to SeaTac and 99....all those business travelers...

Now, with the Fisherman's Terminal being so close...:)