Lolie

I feel so stupid...

I thought I could breeze through this linguistics assignment, but after really reading it, I've realized that I don't even really understand the question, much less the answer.

If anyone knows anything about generative grammar and phonological analyses, PM me. I will be eternally grateful. I'll buy you a jump. I'll send you naked pictures.

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

Oh wow! What luck! I happened to major in that!

Send the pics and we will get started!:D

I think to protect Lolie from the potential for abuse, an escrow is needed. Lolie - send me the naked pictures. I will maintain them in strict confidence. When ccowden performs his end he will send the work to me. Once I determine that the naked pictures are of sufficient quality to operate as proper consideration, I will inform ccowden that he can commence work and he will forward the completed product to me. Once I find that it is an acceptable academic work, I will forward the naked pictures to ccowden and forward his work to you.

I just want to make sure that you are not providing your pictures to someone who doesn't provide you with adequate service. I also want to protect the good ccowden from performing work without reward.

I won't even demand payment.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Upon swedishcelt's suggestion, I'm posting the problem.

Provide a phonological analysis of the following data from French and a write-up of your analysis. In your analysis, assume that the syntactic component has concatenated the morphemes. Look at the phonetic forms for alternations, and account for all alternations. You do not need to account for non-alternating relationships in these data. Assume that the underlying form for non-alternating segments is the same as the phonetic form given. In your write-up, include a prose introduction to the problem, a description of each alternation in prose as well as in formal notation, and a prose conclusion that includes your observations, theoretical comments, arguments, and/or alternative analyses that you considered. The write-up should also include distinctive feature matrices for the crucial consonant and vowel inventories, formal rule(s), underlying representations for all morphemes, an account of rule ordering if necessary, and sample derivations that illustrate your analysis.

Data attached.

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

Can't you help her yourself without pictures?

Look. I'm not a cunning linguist. If I could help her I would without the need for pictures. However, I see that there is an offer and acceptance, constituting an enforceable contract (plagiarism, while academic dishonesty, ain't "illegal" per se).

But, considering that this ccowden character can't be trusted (I dont' care what a good guy everybody claims he is - you can't be too careful) I offered to set up an escrow to ensure that both parties do their job. And what's to stop Lolie from offeirng pictures of such low quality that the consideration fails?

I'm just doing it to protect both of them. I think the transaction should be handled through an intermediary to prevent any bad things from happening. That is all.

Now, Lolie, send those pictures so I can get ccowden working on his part. Of course, naked pictures of Swedishcelt are an acceptable alternative.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

hmmm your picture comes with a virus you might wanna check your computer.........[:/]

Make sure that you don't lose your pictures since my computer is virus free I will be happy to maintain them on my clean harddrive until yours is cleaned up

:|:ph34r::):|

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

I'm sorry, was that English?

Technically, part of it was French, and part of it was IPA (the International Phonetic Alphabet). But that was in the attachment.

And Lawrocket, you present an interesting case, but ccowden already admitted to me via PM that he couldn't even fake knowing what he was talking about. :P

-Miranda

I was following this until I hit morphemes.

Hey, at least you made it past "concatenated". :D

-Miranda

Wow, left the computer for a bit to go work on the problem some more, and came back to all sorts of different PMs!!!

I'm making some headway! For those of you who've PMed me and know what I'm talking about, I think I've identified all the underlying representations. I wish the word "healthy" was included in the data, because I have that noun morpheme (the /te/ in "goodness"), but am wondering what the UR is for "healthy".

Will post again if (or rather when) I get confused.

-Miranda