supercharger

Leg strap padding

Does anyone know if or where I can find replacement leg strap pads. I am a newer jumper and purchased a used Javelin rig and the leg strap padding in basically nonexistent. I just need this rig long enough to get a few hundred jumps on until I decide what size rig/main I want to purchase new. Only problem is the bruises on my inner thighs. I have searched the internet everywhere but as far as I can tell no one makes thicker or replacement padding. Can riggers build new ones as the fabrix on mine are scuffed up pretty well? Any help would be........ helpful! Thanks! Charles A53029
http://www.SuperchargerTech.com/images/stlogo.jpg

The second poster is right.

A quick and cheap alternative I've used for customers is to slip extra padding in between the leg straps and their covers. Sometimes one can fiddle it in by hand, in other cases one removes and resews a short piece of stitching that keeps the strap and cover together at the lower end.

But finding a source of thin padding might be tricky. I happen to have a very thin closed cell foam camping pad no more than 1/4" thick. That or thinner can work well. Yoga mats might be another type of source.

I believe some people in the bast have bought those seat belt pads and threaded the legstraps through them as the quick easy fix, but if you want it done right consult your nearest master rigger
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

I had to have my leg pads resized and the hardware changed (they were slipping on me) when I bought my rig. The local master rigger was going to do it but I decided to send it into Sun Path when I found out that they would change the hardware for free. I paid for new spacer foam leg pads and it was the best thing ever. :)It was soooo worth the $125.00 plus shipping.

Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.
Pelt Head #3

Charles,

The new spacer foam leg pads from Sunpath are pretty good. Give them a call with your rig's serial number (17627, I believe) and your thigh circumference (don't worry; not a clue there!) and they'll hook you up.

Any rigger can remove the old "pads" and install the new ones.

Take care,
Gary

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

But finding a source of thin padding might be tricky. I happen to have a very thin closed cell foam camping pad no more than 1/4" thick. That or thinner can work well. Yoga mats might be another type of source.

I had some neoprene offcuts lying around that I originally got from a place that made/repaired wetsuits and kayak spraydecks (not sure what thickness, I'd guess maybe about 5mm?). It worked perfectly, cut to size and slid into the existing legstraps of an old Vector II with no padding - took about 10 mins with a rigger who unpicked the end stitching and then sewed it back up.

Several hundred CRW jumps later, many from 12K and/or team training, my rig is still very comfortable to use all day/weekend/week - and it was a hell of a lot cheaper and easier than ordering some new spacer foam pads.

On a previous old rig I got some new leg strap pads made up by a local rigger, which were also excellent. I would say it depends on how new/expensive your rig is as to whether its worth getting new parts from the manufacturer - they are nice (especially if you want a good colour match), but by no means essential for functionality. Of course I guess it also depends on availability of a good local rigger...

Martin