skinnyshrek

Pressure Washing

Hey, i am doing a pressure washing job. Anyone have any knowledge of how to get rid of oil stains in the garage? I have tried bleach which is great for the driveway. But these stains are tough.
Any help appreciated thanks.
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Hey, i am doing a pressure washing job. Anyone have any knowledge of how to get rid of oil stains in the garage? I have tried bleach which is great for the driveway. But these stains are tough.
Any help appreciated thanks.

try tyde, the powder and scrub with a broom.

hey your back what ya bring me?

just thought of something, spread cat litter on it for a couple of days, it will soak it up then scrub with tyde

I read this in a magazine but haven't tried it yet...it said to use mineral spirits and a stiff brush to get some of the oil up. Then, cover it with cat litter overnight to soak up the stain. Clean it up tomorrow.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I don't know if the customer wants cat litter in his garage..lol Just looked up Muratic acid that seems to be the key...Thing is i can't mix it with bleach can i?

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

I don't know if the customer wants cat litter in his garage..lol Just looked up Muratic acid that seems to be the key...Thing is i can't mix it with bleach can i?

Don't mix it with ANYTHING ! it will do the job.. Old redneck teaches old brit !!;)
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

I dont think you should play with that acid...its nasty stuff..and I know you:P

cat litter will work, we used it the shop bays when I was in the automotive business

Hey, i think don the redneck knows...What do you mean don't mess with it? All you do is poor it on the floor don't ya. Then use the pressure washer!

Hey, i think don the redneck knows...What do you mean don't mess with it? All you do is poor it on the floor don't ya. Then use the pressure washer!

dont touch it, or let it get on anything else, shoes, clothes, any other chemicals in the garage..not an expert but be careful my friend.

where is my gift from england...is she cute

cute english women:S While i was in the pubs over there i was looking around. I think maybe i saw 2 maybe 3 at a push. Stick with American women much sexier:)

NO! just a hose , lots of fresh air & a broom . STRONG STUFF !!!!
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

damn this is getting complicated..lol why cant i use a pressure washer on this floor along with the acid

damn this is getting complicated..lol why cant i use a pressure washer on this floor along with the acid

Just pour a little on the stain . OK! smear it around with the broom. then hose it off. YOU DON'T want to splatter it all over !! The fumes will tell you why!! :o
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

I read this in a magazine but haven't tried it yet...it said to use mineral spirits and a stiff brush to get some of the oil up. Then, cover it with cat litter overnight to soak up the stain. Clean it up tomorrow.

You bet! I've done that for years. It leaves the spot cleaner than the rest of the drive-way or garage floor. I learned that, pushin' a broom in a truck garage.

Chuck

Muratic acid.. Careful its strong stuff.

That was the first thing that came to mind when I read Shrek's post...

It's Muriatic... you do have to be careful with it, and not just because it's a strong acid. Don't leave traces of it laying around after you're finished. Dogs are drawn to it like antifreeze. They lap it up and die... B|

I had the oil pan in my old Porsche 914 give out one day and spill the entire contents over my friend and roommate's driveway... B| I got a pressure washer and was only able to get as good as a light stain.... Now, 8 years later, the rest of the driveway has caught up to it and you can't see where the stain was.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Avoided the muriatic as the pool place said not to use it. I went for a DE-Greaser from Auto Zone. Seems to be doing the trick. Apparently, the acid shit will burn a hole through anything.

Apparently, the acid shit will burn a hole through anything.

The word acid would have triggered a warning in my head. :ph34r: You should by some just for shits n giggle. Get a beer can, place it in the driveway and pour some Muriatic acid in/on it. Then watch... Amazing what that stuff eats. :ph34r:

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

I was thinking more on my old neighbours car. Q. If it burns through anything what do they hold it in....lol