cocheese

Self chiropractic tips needed

Tried the exercise ball, tennis ball, sliding down the stairs head first on back, stretching, twisting, hand stands, jumping up and down,
and i just cant seem to pop my kinked back into place.
Chiro is closed today.

Got any unkinky ideas ?

for ongoing treatment: try Yoga.

For now: lay on back on floor, twist hips with right leg as far as you can on the left side while trying to keep your back flat on the floor. Do other side as well.

Well you can go online and research the McKenzie MDT method of physical therapy. There's also http://optp.com.

McKenzie therapists are some of the best in the world. I should know, I'm living with one and she's taught me everything I know about treating myself. B|
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

This is what works for me on a nearly daily basis...

clench both hands into fists. Position both fists (at the knuckles) behind your back where the lower lungs are. Then arch backwards. I usually get 3 to 5 pops in one shot.

I also get some pops in my neck by twisting my head once to both sides... I can't seem to describe it specifically. I'd have to show you. On a good day when the muscles are loose I can get 4 to 6 pops total. On bad days, maybe 1 or 2.

The upper back can be tough. Sometimes I use my shoulder blades, pushing them together into the spinal column by linking my hands behind my back and pulling my shoulders as far back as possible. Maybe one or two pops.

I cannot get any of my lower back to pop at all and I don't want to try. Have had a bulging disc at the L1 vertebrae for a few years.

I once gave my friend a bear hug from behind with his arms crossed in front of him like the dead pharoahs, and I popped nearly his entire back! Boy did he feel a little high after that! :o :ph34r:

I've done the same thing to my wife, but the best I can get is one or two, as she's wound pretty tight a lot of the time from job stress.

Basically, what works for one person may not work for another...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

This is what works for me on a nearly daily basis...

clench both hands into fists. Position both fists (at the knuckles) behind your back where the lower lungs are. Then arch backwards. I usually get 3 to 5 pops in one shot.

And you can twist that same arch side to side slowly to good effect also. This is one of the techniques that the McKenzie method incorporates. You can change the location of your hands on your back and arch over them after you've moved them up or down.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Try this,
Jump up in the air then throw your legs our in front of you and try to get as flat as possible so that you smack flat as can be into the ground. Sure it might hurt for a second but it will probably pop something.:S:S

:D:D:D:D
ummm don't try this though.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Try this,
Jump up in the air then throw your legs our in front of you and try to get as flat as possible so that you smack flat as can be into the ground. Sure it might hurt for a second but it will probably pop something.:S:S

:D:D:D:D
ummm don't try this though.

Or be playing high school football carrying the ball and get tackled, and while you're already down, another linebacker comes right at your upper chest while falling down and bends you over backwards. Happened to a guy I know. He said his entire back went popopopopopopopopop!!! I think they had to call time-out because he acted kind of high when he got up... :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban