AlexCrowley

geek post: Computer help.

My company uses the worlds crappiest time and expense reporting system. Can you make it go away and make sure that I still get my $2500 expense check in a timely fashion?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Ooooh I have one for ya. My old Dell desktop (4 years old) died on me over the summer. So I wanna install the Windows XP cd that came with it onto my old laptop so my dad can use it. The laptop doesn't have an OS right now. But when I try to install it, it says that you have to "activate windows" and it gives a number to call. I call it and tell their answering computer the number but it says the number is invalid. AHHHHH!!!! w00t.

Beware astalavista, it isn't what it used to be. You better have some serious firewall/antivirus/antispyware software on your computer before you venture out there and start click on the search results. There are still a few sites they link to that don't suck but they are few and far between these days.

Dixie
HISPA #56 Facil Rodriguez
"Scientific research has shown that 60% of the time, it works every time."

I saw the thread title, who posted it, and nearly fell over. I thought you were asking for computer help on dz.com :o.

Can you help me diagnose why a device driver is causing a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL stop when the system is using Terminal Services, but not otherwise?