beatcreation

Anyone tried a Pilot 168 in an Infinity I-54

Getting the canopy in the d-bag, yes. Getting the d-bag into the container and closed is not a problem. Your packing skills will improve and the canopy will become quite a bit easier to manage. Don't sweat it.

Im not too worried about it. I recently had a 195 sqr ft F111 canopy with dacron lines in this infinity (with just a tad of closing loop showing) so i think the 168 though harder to pack should be able to fit. once I have it in the bag the spectra lines definitely will help versus the dacron lines. Have you tried pyscho bagging your pilot? If I cant s-fold the canopy in seeing how it will be brand new I might consider pyscho or just have a packer take care of it for the first 100 jumps (but that will add up real quick):S

I didn't find a noticeable difference between psycho packing it or pro w/ s-folds. Notice I'm using past tense since my rig was stolen last night.Gotta post the info. Anyhow, the I-54 is designed for a 170 in the main tray. Getting the canopy in the bag will get easier. Don't try to get the whole thing in the bag at once.

Getting the canopy in the d-bag, yes. Getting the d-bag into the container and closed is not a problem. Your packing skills will improve and the canopy will become quite a bit easier to manage. Don't sweat it.

Im not too worried about it. I recently had a 195 sqr ft F111 canopy with dacron lines in this infinity (with just a tad of closing loop showing) so i think the 168 though harder to pack should be able to fit. once I have it in the bag the spectra lines definitely will help versus the dacron lines. Have you tried pyscho bagging your pilot? If I cant s-fold the canopy in seeing how it will be brand new I might consider pyscho or just have a packer take care of it for the first 100 jumps (but that will add up real quick):S

I propack my pilot 168 - and yes it is brand new - actually wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. If you end up paying a packer they will sometimes charge extra if it is a new canopy. I figured it was worth it honestly as I was on vacation. Seemed like a good excuse to me anyway:D:D:D:D:D
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

I didn't find a noticeable difference between psycho packing it or pro w/ s-folds. Notice I'm using past tense since my rig was stolen last night.Gotta post the info. Anyhow, the I-54 is designed for a 170 in the main tray. Getting the canopy in the bag will get easier. Don't try to get the whole thing in the bag at once.

Sorry to hear about your rig.........that really blows>:(>:(>:(>:(
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!