ChasingBlueSky

Firefly watcher?

When I first heard about this show I ignored it. I don't care much for westerns, and this was billed as one in space. Didn't care much when it got canceled and didn't think it was worth all the hype the fanboi's gave it....much less worthy of a movie.

Was I wrong. I happened to catch an episode recently and now own the DVDs and can't wait for the movie this weekend. Funny thing is I hated Mal when he was on Buffy as the Preacher and the same for the actress that played Jasmine on Angel...I thought they were just dry/terrible actors.

Due to my work schedule I am only half way thru the DVDs, but I can't believe how much I like this show.

Anyone else a fan?

i don't care what any of you say. Red Dwarf is the best sitcom ever made!!! Smeg Heads!!B|

Right, Red Dwarf is a sitcom, Firefly isn't a sitcom. So what does this have to do with the price of cheese?:S

As for Firefly, it was a series that was definitely ahead of it's time, but was doomed by corporate short-sightedness. Hell, it wasn't even shown in the proper order when it was broadcast the first time.

Dagny is really jazzed for Serenity to come out this week, and so am I. Sigh, I found a woman who likes beer, wings, skydiving, and geek pasttimes.B|

I think it's pretty damn impressive that there was enough of a fan-following of the series to warrant a movie after just one cancelled season. All the previews I've seen shape Serenity to be a good flick.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

I think it's pretty damn impressive that there was enough of a fan-following of the series to warrant a movie after just one cancelled season. All the previews I've seen shape Serenity to be a good flick.

Just saw it last night...what a damn good movie

Just saw it last night...what a damn good movie

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Serenity is the best sci-fi movie I have seen in a long time!

love love Love LoVE LOVE!!!!! this show! I was a consistent fan when it was on and I saw the preview months ago when I saw Hitchiker's Guide. It was opening night for HGG, and with that fan base in the audience, the reaction to the preview for Serenity was awsome. People were almost standing they were cheering so hard.

Loved the show. LOVED the movie.

Yes... yes, I am a geek... what's your point?
Erleichda!

"I just wasn't myself today," Gupta commented. "I wasn't any self today. I was an egoless particle of the universal no-soul."

I've never even heard about firefly since at the time no-ones was airing it here in sweden, but I heard good things about the movie so I wen't on and saw it.

And since Then I'm hooked for life, just ordered the dvds off amazon.co.uk and I'm hoping for a family guy-esque revival of the show...