bob.dino

Bourbon

Beat that, motherfuckers.

Let's see... It's been a good day so I've been debating pouring a dram of Booker's Distiller's Masterpiece (20 years old and port cask finished -- sold in its own wood and glass display case -- only 6 bottles imported into all of Oregon).

On the other hand, I was also considering tasting a bit of my Black Maple Hill cask strength Premium Single Barrel Bourbon. I have the 14 year old cask #150 or the 16 year old cask #117 to choose between.

Don't get me started on the scotch collection!

Edited to add: Just made a choice and poured a nice serving of the 14 year old Black Maple Hill into a Riedel Vinum single malt whiskey glass.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

The downside to expensive bourbon and scotch is that you feel guilty drinking it unless it's a special occasion. Bulleit is damn nice, but not so expensive I have to debate about pouring myself a measure.

Besides, if I owned a bundle of expensive alcohol I'd have to make sure I never had a party. Once I had to watch friends putting coke into Talisker. That hurt.

But at least i'm drinking it neat. ;)

It's almost 30C here, very humid, and my house has no AC. Rocks are required to get the bourbon to the right temperature. And if you're going to adulterate good bourbon, the ice damn well better look like dolphins.

The downside to expensive bourbon and scotch is that you feel guilty drinking it unless it's a special occasion.

Hardly! I never feel guilty drinking something tasty. How could guilt come up? That's just unnatural and perverse.

Besides, if I owned a bundle of expensive alcohol I'd have to make sure I never had a party. Once I had to watch friends putting coke into Talisker. That hurt.

We have had dozens of parties with scores of magnificent bottles in plain view and there's never been a problem. We must invite a different type of guest.

Krisanne, we finally brought the 4 cases of scotch and 40 cases of wine up here a week ago. You DEFINITELY should come visit.

Well, I'm supposed to play "wine mule," aren't I? We'll talk ... long weekend in February might be just the ticket. B|

Well, I'm supposed to play "wine mule," aren't I?

With our latest haul (u-haul, actually) the urgency is greatly diminished. Whew!

But there's ALWAYS more on our shopping list. So don't even THINK about crossing the border without two 750ml housewarming gifts (which we'll gladly pay you back for of course.)

But there's ALWAYS more on our shopping list. So don't even THINK about crossing the border without two 750ml housewarming gifts (which we'll gladly pay you back for of course.)

Of course not!!! I can't leave my favorite wine whores hanging.