colinl

Handling entanglement...

...in the house. I'm wondering whether you, as skydivers, where the quality of your pack jobs saves your life, were as much subject to domestic entanglement that we whuffos fight against?

I mean, I can't seem to ever be able to take a single power adapter clean out of under the desk. It's always messed up with the rest of ton of cables sitting there. Same goes in the servers bay at work. I can't even untie my shoe laces cleanly - although shoe-lace-tension-knots seem to only happen when I'm really tired and want to go to bed now.

Do you face the same problems?

That reminds me of when I got grounded as a teenager. Dad took my car keys and sent me to my room-with my tv, stereo, and computer (TI 994A). I was cool until 5 minutes later he came in with his snips and cut all of the plugs off:)How come he was never as dumb as I hoped he was?
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

I screwed a plywood panel to the wall, added a wiring tray at the top, and mounted all powerstrips, battery backups, and network hubs, etc. to the panel. Everything is stowed up and off the floor, with excess wire zip-tied out of the way. If only I packed that neatly, I wouldn't have so many reserve rides. :)