maurice1369

WINGS RISERS

This goes out to all the Wings owners out there. While I was at Z-Hills jumping I was on the ground gathering my canopy and I noticed that the flap that holds the hard housing for the cutaway cable had started to come unstitched on both sides. Luckily, I was only a 5 minute drive to the Wings factory. I showed them what had happened to the risers and there response was "that shouldn't happen" I was okay about it but the cool thing was that they made me a set of new risers at no cost to me. Scarlett was very helpful during my visit. I was a little dismayed about the answer I recieved on what may have caused the unstitching but they were at least very nice about replacing my risers

Now my question is has this happened to anybody else with the risers on the wings container
EXPECT THE WORST, HOPE FOR THE BEST!!!

I opened head down in a track and got an instant canopy, the stitches on both risers holding the extra cable for the cutaways was ripped halfway up the housing on both risers. My rigger re-stitched them and they are still there.

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

That happened to the last 3 sets of Wings risers I've had. That and the bottoms of the dive loops started ripping off the risers.

Although I still love the rig I have, I have switched to a set of Velocity Sports (Infinity) risers with custom dive loops that are similar, but better built (the dive loops) then the ones from Wings.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."