aymate

How much should I ask for?

Hi.
I'm going to sell my rig, and am not sure what the fair value may be.

Rig is a Vector 3 with Sabre2 190 main and PDR193.
No AAD.

Everything manufactured in 2003, and still in fantastic condition (only 260 jumps total) Fairly decent design/colors - navy, silver, purple (if that matters)

Container is ADD ready, comes with the skyhook and articulated harness. Built for 5-10 and 175 lbs.
Always handled with care, packed on carpet.
Will accomodate sized 210-170 (padding recommended for 170). Was and still is a great off the student status rig.

Main has about 260 jumps, just breaking in, finally getting easy to pack. Stock colors (blue/lime), spectra lines, slinks. Lines should be replaced after another 250 jumps, slider grommets should also be replaced (hard links roughed them up a little bit).
Canopy always packed on carpet in a hangar, jumped in northeast, never cutaway or damaged, no holes, tears, patches - still in great condition.
Reserve has no rides and 9 pack jobs.

So what should I ask for this setup?

Will be selling in the US *in NY/NJ/CT.
I have somebody I know asking me about it and I don't know what to tell him.
I should probably ask a rigger but closest dz is 2 hrs away and I won't get a chance to get there for a while.

*edited
also, I may just post it here in classified
And I forgot to thank for all answers in advance.

Will be selling in the US.
I have somebody I know asking me about it and I don't know what to tell him.
I should probably ask a rigger but closest dz is 2 hrs away and I won't get a chance to get there for a while.

Where in the US? Everything costs more some places (like California)

just post it on classifieds here. markets are efficient, it will get bid up to its real value for sure. It is not an oddball or outdated rig and will attract a lot of interest.
2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

just post it on classifieds here. markets are efficient, it will get bid up to its real value for sure. It is not an oddball or outdated rig and will attract a lot of interest.

If you post s rig without a price you will be sitting answering emails ALL day with some ridiculous offers and some ok ones. Do everybody a favor post with an asking price.

>>

Where in the US? Everything costs more some places (like California)

<<

I beg to differ here. Skydiving equipment can be obtained for about the same price no matter where you are in the US. The market is small and very competative. So you can buy gear for the same price from a west coast, east coast or mid-west dealer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

If you post s rig without a price you will be sitting answering emails ALL day with some ridiculous offers and some ok ones. Do everybody a favor post with an asking price.

Good point about wasting time with inquiries. Why not post it at best offer over $2500?? (or whatever you think a good price is) received by a certain date. I watch rigs get bid up on eBay. They seem to bring good prices if they arent ancient relics.
2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.