FeetFlyer

Training MMA?

I just got hit with an elbow in my eye. My right eyebrow is pretty swollen and I just know that within a day or two I'll look like a transvestite who has tried to put on eyeshadow for the first time... but, nonetheless it was a good trainingsession.. that's kind of wierd :)
Anyone else who trains any mixed martial arts such as shooto or maybe Brazilian jujutsu?

<>

I never sought formal training but I used to do alot of informal stuff when I was in the Army we used to do what they called "Combatives" Mostly thows and strikes. Not alot of submission or any joint locks/breaks. I did alright but mostly due to 8 years of Greco/Roman Wrestling when I was younger.

I have always thought about getting back into it.
HackB A.K.A. "Puppy"

I just got hit with an elbow in my eye. My right eyebrow is pretty swollen and I just know that within a day or two I'll look like a transvestite who has tried to put on eyeshadow for the first time... but, nonetheless it was a good trainingsession.. that's kind of wierd :)
Anyone else who trains any mixed martial arts such as shooto or maybe Brazilian jujutsu?

I do BJJ, Mui Thai Kickboxing and Submission Wrestling....Isn't it fun??
7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer

It's great!

I've been training thaiboxing for seven years and Goshindo (combination of jujutsu, thaibox and wrestling) for three years. I especially enjoy the submission wrestlingpart because it is so versatile. There are so many ways to get to the armbar or chokehold you're looking for.. It's like being part of a human everchanging puzzle.

<>

It's great!

I've been training thaiboxing for seven years and Goshindo (combination of jujutsu, thaibox and wrestling) for three years. I especially enjoy the submission wrestlingpart because it is so versatile. There are so many ways to get to the armbar or chokehold you're looking for.. It's like being part of a human everchanging puzzle.

BJJ is my fav. It really is like chess... I do enjoy the pure boxing aspect of mui thai....i love to throw arms....its such a great way to manager stress
7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer

I've started Combat TaeKwonDo and Hapkido.
And have twice so far got to really punch someone.In the chest (no chest pad) while doing this 1 self-defense move, punch,they block, you sweep w/other arm, then hit right in the chest..
It was with a very good, tough fighter there and I have been hit back pretty hard too!
It took a little while to really hit someone..instructor said to hit him harder!..It is a really great class.
So, far just a nick on nose fromn glasses getting hit, and a toe-nail scratch on my hand.
And a few various blood stains on uniform.
I also held back hitting a brown belt female 1 night (she instructor helper, just couldn't go full blast on her and she was wearing chest pad.)
But no black eyes!
I love these classes!