windcatcher

What beverage are you currently addicted to?

Mine is Twinnings earl's grey tea, with suger and a touch of lemon. Another one is iced lemon tea, just can't get enough of it, and Teh Tarik, a malaysian beverage of sweet, milky tea with a very light taste. The tea is poured from a hand held high into a container held in a hand below. The tea is poured back and forth in this manner to create a thick froth .

And when i have it, Fentiman's Curiosity Cola, in a proper glass bottle. The guys off my course used to think that i start drinking beer first thing in the morning in lectures because of it.

Eugene

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Water and kombucha.

Do you brew your own kombucha or is it commercially available these days?
I tried making my own a few years back. Interesting but too much caffeine buzzzzzzzzzzzzz for me.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

Me, I can't go a whole day without either my Tazo chai tea, or some form of coffee

My answer would read:

Me, I can't go a whole day without my Tazo chai tea and some form of coffee.

;)

6 a.m. Starbucks Iced Venti Vanilla Soy Latte
Afternoon Starbucks Iced Venti Soy Chai

If I don't stop in, in the afternoon, I have Bolthouse Farms Soy Chai.

The rest of the day WATER all the way. I don't even know how much I drink---I would estimate two gallons. I'm not kidding:D
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Pomegranate juice

Oops, forgot this.

Gosh, I drink a LOT of fluids:D I only drink 1 full glass of Pomegranate/day though. (Except I don't add water, RL;))

It's $10/bottle at Publix, but Costco has it for $6 so when I go, I buy 5 or 6 bottles of it:D

VH1 Cribs...:D

It's an antioxidant powerhouse, and worth every penny. Go to Costco. I go once/month--Costco carries a lot of healthy products, actually.

<---LOVES Costco, especially on Saturday when they have snacks all the way around. We skip lunch and try all the goodies twice:D

Unfermented soy is poison. It's bad for your thyroid.

<---sticks tongue out at RL with thumbs in ears waving back and forth;):D:P (love you:)

what is essentially an estrogen source.

Perhaps, but my boobs certainly haven't gotten any bigger from it:D

Water actually does that pretty well. During "that time" of the month, my na-na's swell up a whole size! It's actually quite enjoyable for several days:D:D:D

I was fed soy baby formula, and my thyroid was bad by the time I was fourteen. All unknowing, I gave it to my daughter, and hers is bad too. It will also do bad things to an adult thyroid.

It's just not worth the price you pay. Fermented soy apparently doesn't have this effect, but even that needs to be eaten in small quantities.

There's a wealth of information out there about the damage soy can do. The thyroid is only the tip of the iceberg.

I love Balance Bars, but I eat them only rarely anymore. I don't eat any other soy products if I can avoid them.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

Smoothies!! I bought myself a smoothie maker off ebay the other week and have been hooked ever since.

Bananas, strawberries, melon, kiwi fruit, yoghurt and cranberry juice, mmmm.

Feel loads better for having a couple a day even after a week.

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......

There's a wealth of information out there about the damage soy can do.

I have read this, too. Unfortunately there is the same wealth of info on its benefits, thyroid included. But I concede you have probably read far more than I have;)

I have annual physicals and always have my thyroid checked. The doctor looks at me funny when I say "yes" to blood work, etc. at age 25, but I think it's important, especially since a lot of things can be rooted in the thyroid but misdiagnosed as something else.

I'm not a hypochondriac, but I do care very much about taking care of myself and I feel better having everthing checked each year. I mean, it's only $20 co-pay. I don't understand why people with insurance still don't check themselves regularly[:/].

:)

I have read this, too. Unfortunately there is the same wealth of info on its benefits, thyroid included. But I concede you have probably read far more than I have;)

I just don't want you to get sick when it was preventable.

Fermented soy in small quantities is good. That's what the Asians eat, and that's one reason they stay healthy.

But we're not eating soy like they eat soy, and I fear that we're going to start seeing the fallout all too soon.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb