ccowden

I saw two Bald Eagles today!

I don't live on the Mississippi anymore, but when I did you could see 50 or 60 a day during the winter near open water. The top of the food chain is almost always the coolest, birds, animals, fish,mammals, you name it they are awesome.

Since we spend a lot of our time in the air and know how hard it is to be graceful and controlled in flight. These omnipotent birds mean more to us then most. I love those birds.

That hood of the car story was the best. That had to be the most incredible experience. WOW
HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.

Bald Eagles are a magnificent bird. They look awesome flying around, like they own the sky. Here is a few pictures of some Bald Eagles I saw at work one day. They are in Orlando. I took them while working on Shaq's house in Isleworth. They would be much better quality but the attachment size is so low!

My picture clearly shows two together. :P I've seen more than two together though, but I don't think eagles "flock" they seem pretty independent. They have to breed somehow though.

The coolest thing I've ever seen was an eagle waiting for an osprey to catch fish. Every time the osprey would get a fish the eagle would fly up under him, invert himself and snatch the fish right from the osprey's talons. Awesome to see, I bet that osprey was getting pissed though.

Well, so much for my sig line...

Eagles don't flock. You have to find them one at a time.

Uh, yeah, they definitely flock in Homer (my birthplace!). Check out the video on the left side of this page to see for yourself.

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

I have caught glimpses of a Bald Eagle over the last couple years as they fly up the river, but these two today were hanging out really close to where I work across from the river and then circled as they climbed a thermal right overhead. They got so high that I lost them in the binoculars!

It was one of the coolest things! Only lasted about 15 minutes, but it was so neat to watch since it is such a rare treat to see Bald Eagles here. Although there are more and more sightings in this area in their migrating seasons.

The picture is the best I could get.

Yep. They're making their comback. If you are really interested find a river tour for the feeding of the eagles. Ours was on the Skagit in WA. They are big damn birds when you are 30 feet away! Beautiful birds.