sharimcm

I guess I'm not ready to buy a new car...

Well, today was the day. I was to trade in my lovely convertible for a brand spankin' new car. Wow. This is a day I will remember for a LONG time.. So, the dealership calls me and tells me my car is ready for delivery. OK.. But, maybe I'll go test drive another car.. OK.. Better deal on the Mazda, but Honda's the better car... Left Mazda and headed to pick up my car. I got there, sat in my new car, drove it up the street, got back to the dealership, said thank you and walked out. Maybe I'm not ready for a new car. Maybe I'm just fucking stupid for not buying the new car... :S

I don't want pity... I'm capable of that myself...

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Don't worry about it. At least you didn't jump into a new car and THEN realize you didn't want it. Your discipline is impressive.

By the way, new cars aren't always better. I've got a 1998 Ford that I bought at CarMax with 86000+ miles. Most incredible car I've ever owned.

One of my friends calls it the 'sexmobile' lol. I won't go into that.

Good luck in your car search. When it's right, it'll be right.

Me and Lori (loves2jump) have been discussing our car shopping over pm for a couple days now:D

It's no fun!>:(

But, you did the smart thing. If you really loved it, you would have driven off with it.

It all comes down to the cup holder....I realized what pissed me off about my old car was the placement of the cup holder. I had to move my latte if I wanted to adjust the controls on the console (it didn't have that cool feature of adjusting CD/Radio/Volumne/AC on the steering wheel.)

The Land Rover I almost bought last night had EXCELLENT cup holder placement.;) Makes all the different to me:D

I've been driving an H3, my friend's, while I sell my old car (to get more than trade-in value). Now I'm ready to buy...and I left the Hummer dealership who have called me several times since. I was SET on buying my own H3. Now I absolutely don't want one.

I did, however, have the benefit of driving my friend's around for a few weeks first.

I almost bought another car last night. But, decided I might as well test drive the hell out of everything before I decide. That way I'll REALLY know what I want.

Cars are such a waste of $$$:S But, I still want an upgrade:D:P (certified pre-owned)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

In 2000 I bought a new Chrysler T@C + a new Grand Am GT. I said to my wife, "we are not going to ever do that again". What can I say we were in the dealership again and he offered us more then blue book for both cars and we bought two more new ones(2005). I am not going to do that again. I think you did well my friend. Now you will have more money for skydiving. To make my 400+ a year I have to pack, rig and video my ass off. If I had chosen as you did, my cars would be payed off and I would have another several hundred $ a month to play with. If you can live without a new car why get it. Don't sweat it dude, it's all good. Relax and have fun with the money you would have spent on the car. Now you can buy another transportation device..., an new rig. Yahoo!!
HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.

Now you can buy another transportation device..., an new rig. Yahoo!!

I will share a small tidbit of information. A damn drunk driver smacked into the back of my wonderful convertible on my birthday last year. After fighting with his insurance company, I finally got a pretty check for the damage. I thought.. Well, I'll never trade the car in, so why not buy a new rig... So, I did. Then, I put a Vigil in it which was another pretty penny added on to the rig... So, my car actually bought me a new rig. :$

I guess I just got cold feet when I got to the dealership(s). I looked over at the Honda dealership, and the car I was supposed to buy was still sitting there. It was in the same position and spot that I left it. It was crying my name, but I drove on. :( I don't know if I want a car, but I NEED a new car before the one I have decides to completely stop working. :S

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

We're at that stage in life where cars are not so much hobbies or love affairs as they are big appliances, as sexy as a new refridgerator.[:/] We have a minivan and a couple of 4-door compact McCars for commuting and the kids driving.

I've owned two convertibles in the past, though, and really miss having a 2 seat sports car. My wife and I are keeping an eye out for a good, used Miata to have as a fun car again. I love the new Mustangs, having owned a '64 years back, but just don't want a V-8 with gas being $2.20+ these days.

Staying out of car debt really does mean having more $$ for the stuff that really counts. I've seen friends lose houses over car leases they couldn't get out of.

:S

I have 1 kid...never thought I'd look into a sporty fast car. Was considering a Mustang last year... to replace my aging Durango. Ended up getting my gorgeous RX8 and I love the thing. Got the suicide doors and I'm short enough that my 10yo kid just sits right behind me. He gets in and closes his door... I get in and close mine and we're off. I LOVE MY CAR!

Seriously... I go through withdrawls if my husband takes it for the day!

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

The above reference comparing a car to an appliance is brilliant. I refuse to by a new car again for several reasons but the main reason is they're all pretty much boring for the money spent. These days, I drive used cars that are cheap to acquire and when they're done, like a BIC lighter, they're left where they die. The current one I bought for $2,000.00 in 2002 and it still runs great. I drive it from Kentucky to Dallas and back every month.
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

[rant]

Forgive me...I'm in a bad mood. I've HAD it with car haggling. I refuse to be screwed. Why do car salesman (salespeople I guess but they've all been men at the million dealerships I've been to recently) high five each other when they see a young female by herself show up? Does that mean I must be a slam dunk? I DON'T think so. I walked out. I was SO ready to drive off in that Sequoia. Bastards

[/rant]

:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.