mikkey

Aussie skydiver wins gold in pole vault

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,18593440-5002861,00.html

Steve Hooker won gold in the pole vault at the Commonwealth Games tonight, completing a bumper night for the host nation.

Teammate Dmitri Markov won the silver medal, with England's Steven Lewis winning bronze.

Hooker sealed the competition with a clearance of 5.70 metres and went on to set a Games record with a leap of 5.80 metres.

Hooker, who holds the best height in the world this year of 5.91 metres, tried valiantly to clear 6.01 metres for his home crowd, but never got close.

Steve is a really nice guy and a skydiver - congrats!!

For the Yanks here: The Commonwealth Games are a mini-Olympics for the nations of the British Commonwealth with participation of more then 70 countries and territories.
---------------------------------------------------------
When people look like ants - pull. When ants look like people - pray.

I pole vaulted in College and High School too. Every year my college has an alumni meet, and I compete in that as well. I was never that good though! It's nice to see there are a few pole vaulter/ sky divers. I always thought they were kind of related.

-Steve
Team Website: www.rhythmskydiving.com