daytripper419

Sabre 2 VS Saffire 2

My experience. Both brand new and custom made:

Sabre 2 150- Unpredictable openings, Hard 360 degree slamming opnnings often (like every jump i remember)

Safire 2 149, 129, 139- Much lighter preeure from the risers, lighter to pull toggles and risers.
Beautiful openings, soft everytime though they are very long openings (i like).
Very forgiving flare. Can get very nice 'swoop' landings or very fast sudden stop landings. Nice arc.

Safire 2 for me is far superior if you can handle the long openings of somewhere around 800-1000ft.

I had my sabre 2 packed by so many people who kept telling me it was my body position for why i got slammed, they shut up after they tried jumping them.I do believe though on a low turn on my sabre 2 that it was forgiving and stopped me from killing myself like other canopies may have and for that i respect that canopy, I just don't like flying them.

The Safire 2 was always a pleasure to jump and i was never comfortable under canopy for hundreds of jumps until the first time i jumped a safire 2. For the first time i felt like i had full control over the canopy it was an extension of me instead of something i was just hanging from. I put this comfort factor down to the very light toggle pressure that did not wear my arms out.

I suggest you also consider the Pilot as well. From my little experience with a pilot i would place the pilot way ahead of the Sabre 2 but behind the safire 2.

I carus is just a sweet canopy manufacturer who over the last 3-4 years have become a major force in quality canopies and i rate them very high.

Icarus and PD is like Mac and a PC... Once you ty the Mac (Icarus), You will never go Back.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store