friendofGod

What is wrong with people?

I'M new to the forums, but it seems like there are a wide array of people here who could lend some good insight into the following situation...

There is a grass lot near where we live that is on a fairly busy stretch of road. For years ( as long as I can remember anyway) people have parked their cars there that were for sale. Nothing in several years has happened to any of these cars. For a few weeks now there has been an older Volvo sedan sitting there and a few days ago on my way to work I noticed that the windshield had been smashed in as well as the passenger window. I just don't understand the senseless need to destroy someone else's property????>:(We had looked at this car for possible purchase ourselves, so I know there wasn't anything in it worth stealing.

So what gives? Since when is destroying someone property fun?:S
Exodus 20
Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven
1 cross + 3 nails = 4GVN

So what gives? Since when is destroying someone property fun?:S

To some disturbed individuals... that sort of thing is fun... to us "normal" folk... its just stupid...

Of course I don't exactly consider myself "normal" in the strict definition of the word but I do still think it's pretty stupid. :S
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Take a look at the sticky post here. Sadly, a sign of the times. :(

Had I done something like that as a kid, I would have been knocked down by my dad... I was never for a minute abused, but I did grow up ( and continue to) respect authority and peoples property...
Exodus 20
Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven
1 cross + 3 nails = 4GVN

Sadly, a sign of the times. :(

It's not a sign of the times; it's just being human.

Sorry, but I get grumpy when people imply that things used to be somehow different.

Maybe the outlet was slightly different, but bored young people have always caused trouble and probably will always continue to.

Sadly, a sign of the times. :(

It's not a sign of the times; it's just being human.

Sorry, but I get grumpy when people imply that things used to be somehow different.

Maybe the outlet was slightly different, but bored young people have always caused trouble and probably will always continue to.

Trouble? Sure, it's the nature of youth. Large scale damage of property? Sorry, but things have changed. Many factors have contributed to this, but I tend to place most of the blame on lack of discipline and parents' own fear. How many times in the past did you hear of a kid suing his/her parent, for a freaking spanking, and winning?
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

There are so many people in this world who should have their liscense to procreate revoked. Namely people like the cocktools who derive pleasure from destroying things that people have worked hard for. I sometimes think it would be real nice if our authorities could cane vandals like they do in singapore. I bet it would make some of these fuckwads think twice before smashing windows.

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

There are so many people in this world who should have their liscense to procreate revoked. Namely people like the cocktools who derive pleasure from destroying things that people have worked hard for.

Yeah... unfortunately they usually procreate w/little or no trouble... :P:|

I live in an area where there are a lot of Aboriginal people who get paid a lot to drink alcohol (won't open that can of worms though) so they aren't really worried about what their kids get up to...I've had the windscreen of my hilux smashed by bored kids wandering around with their gings (slingshots). Not to mention the wing mirror smashed, rocks thrown on the roof, things stolen from the backyard while I'm at work etc etc.

I agree completely with RevJim on the fact that it's discipline that is lacking with most kids. I can see the difference with the kids next door - they are Aboriginal as well and the parents don't work but they don't let their kids get away with anything, they send them to school every day...and these are some of the politest kids I've met in a long time...

I know I would have got smacked silly for talking to my parents the way some kids do these days - and I'm only half a generation in front of them! :S :S
How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?

Oh kewl you are on the board of Eugenics.

The Chinese are already making decisions for families there.

In the future you will see far more genetic "planning" to weed out undesirable traits.

The Indians have done this already although the government has made it illegal.. its still occurring. If a family does not want a daughter because they are not as highly prized as a son... now you have millions of men in India and not enough females for them to marry and have families with.

http://www.gendercide.org/case_infanticide.html

Trouble? Sure, it's the nature of youth. Large scale damage of property? Sorry, but things have changed. Many factors have contributed to this, but I tend to place most of the blame on lack of discipline and parents' own fear. How many times in the past did you hear of a kid suing his/her parent, for a freaking spanking, and winning?

Perhaps in some instances, but I take exception to that being a general rule.

Having just gone through this with one of my own...I'm here to tell ya, SOMETHING has changed over the years.
It's now 'cool' to damage / destroy other peoples property!:S

I'm a small town Mid-West boy like you Rev...
so I'm sure we both were brought up in the same way. I definitely don't 'spare the rod' and take the responsibility of raising kids and discipline seriously.

Still and all... I was shocked a month back to discover my youngest, at 14 had been caught randomly kicking in someones car fender!

To say the 'manure hit the blade' puts it mildly...>:(

The kid will be ALL SUMMER paying me back the 650.00 it cost to fix the car...
...May not take quite that long, for some reason, he can't 'sit' for extended periods these days and gets a lot of work done quicker!;)

"Everybody does it" was the only 'justification' I could get from him....and after checking with the local police...IT'S TRUE!:S

Malicious vandalism is rampant these days!

The cops don't even bother to take a report anymore around here, just referring complaintants to notify their insurance companies.:o

Outside influences have changed, role models are different, faster more open communication has sped up the world in so many ways.

My wife and I are very fortunate that we have the resources and ability to see that one of us is ALWAYS here to oversee the kids, and we're vigilant.

But kids do what kids do...overcoming peer pressure
only comes with maturity I guess.

It's a different world, I can only wonder if MY folks felt the same way, when I gave up school books for Bongo Drums and a Bong!:ph34r:

Oh...and as far a 'corporal punishment' of children being reported...Here in TEXAS anyway...:)

The cops showed up at a neighbors house a few years ago, their 15 year old had 'reported' them to CPS for a boot in the ass.

Being nosey I walked over and listened in, the officer said to both the child and the parents that...

"Until he's 18 years of age, by Texas law, he can be disciplined in any way the parents see fit...up to and including a 2X4"

And..."as long as there aren't any nails in it...it's NOT abuse!"

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Oh kewl you are on the board of Eugenics.

The Chinese are already making decisions for families there.

In the future you will see far more genetic "planning" to weed out undesirable traits.

The Indians have done this already although the government has made it illegal.. its still occurring. If a family does not want a daughter because they are not as highly prized as a son... now you have millions of men in India and not enough females for them to marry and have families with.

http://www.gendercide.org/case_infanticide.html

No, I was being sarcastic... :D:D:P

No, I was being sarcastic...

We really do need an ICON for sarcasm...

Yes dear I knew you were being sarcastic...

BUT this is already going on in the world.

Edited to add.. OK....... I juist saw it again..when I typed ICON... it links to the Aerodyne site.....

BUT this is already going on in the world.

People are funny like that... :|:D I figure my personallity will effectively keep me out of the gene pool... :P

and I thing the sarcasm smiley should be linked to this markup code: [sic] which I've always taken as meaning "sarcasm included" but I don't actually know if that's what it means...

Scott