NWFlyer

So I Went to the Ballet....

And it totally kicked ASS! I went because my friends asked me to and I thought it would be good to get some culture in my life. I expected to like it but I didn't expect to be completely mesmerized for three hours. Between the costumes and the really cool sets and, of course, the dancing, it was the most fun I've had at something "good for me" in a while. :D I guess it doesn't hurt that I'm a Tchaikovsky fiend.

Yay for The Sleeping Beauty.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I saw that play a few weeks ago with my daughters class in the Children's Theatre.

I haven't been to the ballet since last year. It was a really amazing medley of different acts. I don't recall what it was called, though.

Also had to see The Nutcracker. :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Yeah, I was thinking this Christmas I need to do the Nutcracker. I haven't gone to that since I was a little kid. And PNB is doing Swan Lake next season.

I think I dig the classical stuff. Last ballet I saw was this modern stuff and it just wasn't for me.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Sounds like a great time. The last time I went to the ballet - it involved a bunch of six year olds - not exactly like the top quality performance you saw : )

Have you ever been to Cirque du Soleil? If you get a chance to see the show, you should check it out. When you mentioned being mesmerized, I immediately thought of this.
Jump, Land, Pack, Repeat...

The only thing I like about ballet is checking out the guys packages.

:)

I'd never do that! :)

Most of the costumes in this one were the type that covered the midsection (boo!) but there was this one piece where the two dudes were wearing white leotards that, while totally opaque, left absolutely nothing to the imagination. My girlfriends and I were fighting over the binoculars during that one. Those were some very fit asses.