2shay

how big can optimum be in vector 343

I have a v3 343 and it has a pd 143. I am wondering would the highest I be able to go with an optimum reserve be. My first thought would be a pd 160, but i don't know if you could fit a pd 176. I understand that these sizes are not yet available, just trying to plan for future.
don't try your bullshit with me!!!

My first thought would be a pd 160, but i don't know if you could fit a pd 176. I understand that these sizes are not yet available, just trying to plan for future.

I've packed a former teammate of mine's 343 with a PDR-160 in it... it fit but just barely, there is NO WAY you could get a standard PDR-176 in there. If it's true that you can go up one size on the Optimum, you probably could get a 176 in once it comes out... probably still be tight.
"Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission."

I have a v3 343 and it has a pd 143. I am wondering would the highest I be able to go with an optimum reserve be. My first thought would be a pd 160, but i don't know if you could fit a pd 176. I understand that these sizes are not yet available, just trying to plan for future.

We (UPT) will not be able to answer the question until we get them in house and pack them up in the different size rigs to determine what it will fit. That is what we have done with all the sizes PD has released currently.

Mark Klingelhoefer

Dave,

I havent seen published canopy volume's but It seems to be an in between of a PDR 113 and PDR 126.

Typically for an Infinity Container, we have been able to get an Optimum 143 into our I-1x series that is made for a PDR 113. It's a bit snug and it packs up pretty solid. However, we will sometimes put them into our I-2x series if the jumper plans to us a main size not compatible with an I-1x container. It packs up softer than a PDR 126 but still fills out the container pretty nice.

(I know you were asking Mark at UPT but I thought you could use this as a reference.)
-Tony
(253) 445-8790
Velocity Sports Equipment

Out of curiosity, where do you guys put the optimum 143 in terms of what it can replace? Do you have an updated sizing chart that shows optimum reserves?

Dave

The M series containers have a little more room in the reserve container so you can go up 2 sizes in some of them, but when we disigned the Microns, the reserve container was a little snugger, so generally, you can only go down 1 size in them. I will look into updating the rig sizing chart with the Optimums.

Mark Klingelhoefer