vid666

Dolphin D3 and Tempo 210 question

So Altico specs out the D3 for a 170 reserve.
anybody ever had one with a Tempo 210 ?
how about Tempo 210 AND an AAD ?

tnx

P.S. Before those who want to bitch about proper sizes, start:
http://www.altico.com/dolphindetails.htm
specs "APROXIMATE SIZING"

My D2 holds a Firelite 175 with room to spare (microline, no AAD). I think the 210 Raven would be fine in a D3 if you had all the right conditions: microline, no AAD, and a main in the 170-ish ZP size. What size main are you planning to use? You don't want to go oversize on both the reserve and the main in the same rig.

But that's all just my guesstimation. I suggest calling Altico. Friendly manufacturer and he's very open about what'll work, what won't.

Chris

Can't help you directly, but I will tell you that I had a D4, which Altico says is sized for a 200sf reserve. I originally had a PD193R in that rig, and it was an easy, fairly soft fit. Emailed Mike Furry first, then stuffed a Smart 220 reserve in there... my rigger wasn't cussing me for it either, he said it fit OK.

Email Mike ([email protected]) for his opinion, he's a hell of a nice guy, and has always seemed more than willing help out in support of his products!

Edited to add, yes I had an AAD in there too!

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

Hint: Dolphins started out with the same sizing system as Javelins. For example, a Dolphin D3 started out as the same size as a Javelin J3.

From first-hand experience, I can tell you that a Dolphin D7 freebag packs gracefully into a Javelin J7.

However, now that Javelin changes their sizing system more often than I change my underwear, we are all a bit confused!

Paul, thanks for posting this. I posted the exact same thread a couple of days ago. Either this one just happened to be up at the top when the right people were looking... oooooooor no one likes me. :P

I called Mike Furry directly. He suggested that you normally can jump up a size based on the reports he gets from riggers calling him. But he thought that two sizes, and an aad might a real tight fit.

It may pack fine in the summer, but it may be a nightmare for my rigger come this winter when it gets drier out. :o

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P