vinnyware

Gatorz good for freefall?

:P good day to you all,
i have seen some junmpers wearing sunnies to jump with, after looking on the net i have decided they are 'Gatorz' sunglasses,

has anyone jumped with these in freefall?
are they good for free fall? as i have had a my goggles come loose a couple of times and eyes watering to hell!

cheers guys, Blue skies

vinny

The very best for freefall are good-fitting goggles. A lot of people like flex-z goggles.

Sunglasses in general have a tendency to not fit as good so you get wind blowing in from the edges. For me that's not jumpable. Also, jumping with any dark goggles/sunnies has drawbacks, try doing the sunset load with them.

I'd advise regular goggles for sure. Not sure why they "come loose" or what you mean by it exactly, but buy a decent pair of goggles that fits and you're set.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

The lady dragon has given you some great advice. I also watched a guy spank into the ground a few months ago after a low turn, when i saw what his hard plastic goggles did to his face i was reminded why i wear Flex Z's. [:/]

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

If you wish to accept a few risks with the gatorz (likely to let in some air, and could break on a bad landing) as some people posted, you MOST LIKELY can jump with them, depending on your face geometry. I have 100 or 200 jumps on them, mostly belly RW or video, but tracking, high pulls, and sit flies too.

I have had MORE problems with the flex goggles (the $5 ones you get as a student)... From fogging up on jump run and being distracting, to actually lifting from my face and flipping up to my forehead on a sitfly, they just can be a pain. (you need them loose enough to pull from your face to let in fresh air so no fog, but tight enough not to lift in freefall).

I prefer gatorz with a cord to keep them on...

Your experience likely will vary based upon many factors. Worst case, if you buy them, you don't have to jump them. By far, they were the most durable and comfortable sunglasses I ever have had. I was so upset when they were stolen out of my duffel bag...