tankboy925

odyssey or voodoo

so the time has come to buy a new container and I have combed the internet and asked everyone I know about containers. I don't know any voodoo owners only odyssey owners so I ask, which is the better container and why?
outside of a dog a book is man's best friend... inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
groucho marx

Never owned an Odyssey, but jumped a couple...I chose Voodoo because of the fit, the rock solid container design (riser covers don't ever open, well protected for freefly, extremely comfortable, and probably the most important reason of all, the customer service has been fabulous with RI. I recently purchased a Talon FX, new model. I received the first shipping model to a customer. As much as I loved it, I got a phone call one day from them saying "We've modified our design a little, we'd like your container back for a day."
They modified the container (can't tell how) repacked the reserve, cleaned it up a bit, and overnighted it back to me after having paid for it to be overnighted to them. Zero jumping days lost. then they followed up the modification with a phone call and email "How is it fitting/flying?"
I love the vented backpad (Odyssey has this available too, I think), and find it a must for the hot summer months.
Back to the Voodoo, the narrower yoke feels sweet on the shoulders, the container feels much smaller than it actually is (V4), and it's easy to close.

Both rigs have pro's and cons. Deciding which one is the rig for you is deciding what is important to you and which features you like. They look and operate differently. which one do you prefer?
There are a few articles up on this site giving you things to look at.
Look, fit, features, wait times, price, etc
You may want to take a good look at the harness on both. The harnesses on those containers are very different. Some people love the voodoo harness, others find it very uncomfortable. you will also notice that on the voodoo you tend to "hang" from a higher point on your shoulder than on a Javelin. this makes the harness feel quite different IMHO.

I prefer the Javelin for its comfort, functionality, skyhook and long standing reputation. But do your homework and make your own decision.
Watch out for planters.

I sold my javelin for a vector three. Problems I have had with it was the main flap would almost always come open in a sit and was not tight at all. It also rode really high on my back making me miss my hackey a couple of times. It was also pretty rigid fitting. The voodoo's comfort is great, solid design, will leave money in your pocket at the end. Like I said i like the vectors myself, but if I got an extra rig it would be either a voodoo or infinity. Not a fan of javelin there design is virtually unchanged for years, it needs some change.
don't try your bullshit with me!!!

thanks for the info. I believe it all comes down to trying the rigs. I've seen wings and javelin but am not near a R.I. rep. I really appreciate all the input from everyone.

tankboy
outside of a dog a book is man's best friend... inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
groucho marx