Clownburner

How do you unthread Infinity leg straps?

Normally this isn't a problem - on my last rig, I just unthreaded them (to add an extra keeper) and threaded them right back.

On my new Infinity, the leg straps are double type-8 and the end is triple-folded and sewn - to the point where I can't figure out how to possibly get it through the buckle without cutting the end off. It's not even close, like you get a corner through and then it sticks, it's like I can't even get the corner of the first fold through the buckle - it's just too thick.

I know, it's a safety feature, right? But I don't want to ship the container to the manufacturer or have a rigger re-sew the leg straps every time I need to change a keeper. >:(

Any suggestions?
7CP#1 | BTR#2 | Payaso en fuego Rodriguez
"I want hot chicks in my boobies!"- McBeth

I know, it's a safety feature, right? But I don't want to ship the container to the manufacturer or have a rigger re-sew the leg straps every time I need to change a keeper.

Sounds like you are stretching the keepers or something!

Are you folding the excess webbing up and stretching the elastic keeper over that.

If so that is your problem. The excess webbing should be inserted into the legpad.

Then the keeper should be slid into place just at the mouth of the legpad. No stretching involved.

Also,when removing the rig, simply pull up on the friction adapter. Then pull the web back toward you as the same time pulling the keeper with the webbing.

In other words, do not remove the excess weebing from inside of the keeper. (no stretching involved)

My keepers last for years using that method.

Cheers,
MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com

You can thread new elastic keepers on without having to unthread the adapters.

Just thread the new ones on over the dead end, slide up to the adapter, push between the slide and main body of the adapter twice and you have it. I can do it with my eyes closed.B|

To remove the old one, I use one of my favorite blades, or scissors.

Jeff

You can thread new elastic keepers on without having to unthread the adapters.

Just thread the new ones on over the dead end, slide up to the adapter, push between the slide and main body of the adapter twice and you have it. I can do it with my eyes closed.B|

To remove the old one, I use one of my favorite blades, or scissors.

Jeff

Hey Jeff,
I do the same thing on stong tandem containers and others I can't remember right now!
That technique makes life so much easier for such a simple work!
Keep me updated on that stuff we checked on the back yard!;)
Gus Marinho

Clownburner

I should have also mentioned that the only hardware used for that application that will not allow the dbl. type 8 dead ends to pass is the DJ-SSA. Unless you design it to do so.;)

Jeff

Funny you should say that, as the hardware is stamped "DJ-SSA" in big letters. :P

Thanks for the tip about threading the keeper through the hardware, I didn't think of that, I'll give it a try.
7CP#1 | BTR#2 | Payaso en fuego Rodriguez
"I want hot chicks in my boobies!"- McBeth

Hey James,

It sounds like Mel and Jeff already answered your questions. (Thanks guys!)

When a rig is ordered with stainless steel hardware, we use the SSA friction adapters which can not be completely unthreaded. On special request, we can install the 2 piece (Parachutes de France style) SP888 hardware, which can be unthreaded. It is desireable for some of the "experienced" jumpers to thread the leg straps rather than stepping in.

When a rig is ordered with Cadmium plated hardware, we use a 22040 which can be unthreaded. The 22040 has a larger frame than the SSA and of course B12 snaps are also available.

So until they start making a large frame stainless steel friction adapter, we will be using the SSA as standard and SP888 by request.
-Tony
(253) 445-8790
Velocity Sports Equipment

we use the SSA friction adapters which can not be completely unthreaded.

I know of a rig that also uses DJ-SSA, and you can unthread them.:)

Jeff

You better watch out... I'll spin that as an Infinity Safety feature :P
-Tony
(253) 445-8790
Velocity Sports Equipment

we use the SSA friction adapters which can not be completely unthreaded.

I know of a rig that also uses DJ-SSA, and you can unthread them.:)

Jeff

You better watch out... I'll spin that as an Infinity Safety feature :P

Tony,

That would be like saying all the Infinity’s without DJ-SSA’s would be considered less safe? Considering you do offer all of the industry standard leg adapters. Are you sure you want to go there?B|

Jeff