antipod

Smoke jumpers

Ah, but can it do a static line opening at 14500', 130 knots, with 320lbs in less than 8Gs?

I didn't know you guys participated in that particular test jumper abuse program?:P

I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

our smoke jumper canopy is a specialized evolution of our base jumping canopies.

the canopy and valve design has evolved to best suit and account for the different parameters involved in smoke jumping vs base jumping.

we worked over a year on this canopy design. i believe this is the first new design canopy in over 20 years to be chosen by blm. we are extremely proud of the results and are thrilled to be able to support our nations smoke jumpers!

hotdog skydivers have nothing on these guys, its amazing what they do and what the jump into.
Daniel Preston <><>
atairaerodynamics.com (sport)
atairaerospace.com (military)

i believe this is the first new design canopy in over 20 years to be chosen by blm.

Not so, they have been using the Eiff classic for several years but not anywhere close to 20. When did they give your company the contract for the canopies for the 1,500 five year replacement since you were not one of the three system finalist when they terminated final selection last year after the field had been narrowed to CPS and Jump Shack. Also how did you circumvent the complete system requirement?

In addition, one of the main requirements was that all of the components had to be existing proven production items and specifically, prototyping was not allowed for submission. This took out the perfect system for the criteria they required which was a dual bag system that the military HAHO jumpers are going to. The last canopy in the world I would want for BLM is a BASE canopy.
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!