adrenalinejunke

dateing non-jumpers

Well shoot... I can't think of any women skydivers that aren't hot (in one way or another...) the real problem is that there are a lot more men about... and the shy people like me don't stand a chance... :$:P
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Have I told you lately that I love you?

Yes, but it's always nice to hear it again anyway. :ph34r:

How are the grammar police doing with the spelling in the subject line? It's making me wince everytime I see it. :S

Me too! Then I read the post and while he gets minor points for correctly choosing to use the word "fewer" instead of "less," the rest of the post has enough cringe-worthy spelling and grammar to more than make up for it.

But since Programmer has kindly pointed out that there aren't any smart female skydivers, either, this shouldn't really matter.:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Krisanne hasn't had the opportunity to cite it yet because she's had her grammar police badge suspended for the day. See here. :ph34r:

:P Krisanne is still recovering from Lost Prairie.

Besides, every so often I like to show my imperfect side. Keeps my "damn, you're a self-righteous bitch" critics at bay. :D:D:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Please define Skydive Blindness.

Eh . . .i,m screwed anyway.

Okay. Basically it has to do with centering all aspect of your life on skydiving so much that nothing is better in comparison. Example. .skydivers have the best sex, skydivers are braver, skydivers have the most fun, skydiver male/females are the sexiest. Opinions that can blind you from other experiences and may prevent you from searching other avenues.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Okay. Basically it has to do with centering all aspect of your life on skydiving so much that nothing is better in comparison. Example. .skydivers have the best sex, skydivers are braver, skydivers have the most fun, skydiver male/females are the sexiest. Opinions that can blind you from other experiences and may prevent you from searching other avenues.

whoa... back up here... you mean its possible to do things that don't involve skydiving? I don't believe that... :P :D:D:D

of course I am kidding... ;)

Funny thing is, it was due to dating a 'hotti jumper' that I ended up skydiving in the first place. She was one hell of a woman, but sadly the relationship wasn't meant to be, but I am glad I met her... I'm now pursuing the A license for my own reasons but now I find myself disinterested in dating anyone that either isn't a skydiver..or at the very least isn't interested in trying an AFF first jump course.

As corny as it sounds..I just can't be in a relationship where I couldn't share my dreams with the s.o.

in short those who have never jumped dont understand what we do and why. does anyone else have this problem?

In response to this...I would speculate most if not all of the people who jump have this problem. I skydive for me so...whuffos and their opinions are completely irrelevant.

whuffos and their opinions are completely irrelevant.

You've got to be kidding! "Completely irrelevant"?! Skydiving is amazing and I wouldn't want to ever give up that aspect of my life, but I was a whuffo once (grabs a handful of popcorn from Bobbie) and had someone thought that of me, would I have been encouraged to make my first tandem? You were once a whuffo.... yes, you might have (munching) different priorities now. But your opinion prior to your first jump was still a valid one.

As far as the first poster.... "Wuffos" can be supportive or not of skydiving (grabbing some more popcorn), but true soul mates don't care about sports and hobbies.... love is deeper than recreational activities. If all your looking for is the "best piece of ass" or the easiest lay then you might be valid in complaining in what your options are in sky-chicas. We tend to know what we want and have the personality to take it. If you're not what they want.... why should they settle... just down the line from you is a skygod that is cuter, has more jumps, a smaller canopy and better popcorn.

Now excuse me, I have to go and get more popcorn.

Karen:P

Karen... that's not watching... that's participating... :ph34r::D:D:D

oh I just figured it out... this guys not talking about dating skydivers he's talking about "Dateing" skydivers... this thread should soo be in "History and Trivia" :D:D