brierebecca

Throwing stuff out

I love throwing stuff out. I just hate having extra stuff around. I've just never been a pack rat. I could probably fit all of my belongings into the trunk and back seat of a car.

I think it's because my dad was a builder when I was little, so we would move a lot. He would build a house, we would live in it for a year or so, then he would build another one and we would sell the old one. Years of moving necessitated not having lots of stuff.

I routinely use it as a little pick-me-up when I'm feeling blue. Sometimes Travis will suggest cleaning out a closet when I'm in a sad mood. I'll be sitting on the couch, shoulders slumped, and he'll say "wanna throw stuff out baby?" I immediately perk up.

Do you love to throw stuff out, too? What kinds of things do you throw out? Are you the opposite (do you like to keep stuff around)?

Brie
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

***What kinds of things do you throw out?

I usually try and dispose of the bodies as soon as it gets dark.:P:S:D

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

I'm just like you! I love throwing out stuff! Its almost liberating. :D

We're moving in a few weeks and I can't wait to start packing! We've been in this house for 5 years and I hope to trash half of the 'junk' we have!

Seeing a room cluttered with stuff stresses me out. I think I"m a strange form of the minimalist movement :P:ph34r:

Jen
Arianna Frances

I hate clutter! I try to get rid of everything we don't use.

I'm constantly giving stuff away to friends and to Goodwill.

I've made my kids do it too. One day I was trying to convince my daughter to get rid of some Barbies and she said, "Mom, but isn't Goodwill a boy?"
Jump, Land, Pack, Repeat...

I perk up after organizing a closet or drawer which always involves throwing things out, so I can totally relate. It just looks and feels so clean afterwards!

Earlier this week, I was filling up a glass of water in the door of the fridge and when I was standing there, I just looked at all the crap on the front of the doors. I thought, "I really don't like that magnet" and pitched it. Then, about 4 more went in the trash, I took down last year's reports cards, expired coupons, rearranged all the pictures, etc. All this because I wanted a glass of water! :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I'm totally opposite! I am a packrat, I keep everything. You know, just in case I might need it someday? :P The funny part is, I do keep a lot of things but I forget I have them then go out and buy the same thing anyway.
I think I am such a packrat because I didn't get a lot of new things when I was a kid. So now i am making up for it! :)

I'm the complete opposite of you. There's junk in the attic that I've had for a decade or so. The garage is a perpetual mess. Magazines stacked up on shelves. Little doodads piled in drawers. If you were with me, I'd be your worst nightmare. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I love throwing stuff out. I just hate having extra stuff around. I've just never been a pack rat. I could probably fit all of my belongings into the trunk and back seat of a car.

I routinely use it as a little pick-me-up when I'm feeling blue. Sometimes Travis will suggest cleaning out a closet when I'm in a sad mood. I'll be sitting on the couch, shoulders slumped, and he'll say "wanna throw stuff out baby?" I immediately perk up.

Do you love to throw stuff out, too? What kinds of things do you throw out? Are you the opposite (do you like to keep stuff around)?

Brie

I envy you so much!! I can't get myself to throw ANYTHING out (I might need it some day..). And I really don't have room for it all...

Ohh, I hate clutter, but we have 5 people living in this house- 3 kids- so clutter is a constant battle.

I used to have that squared away lifestyle when I was a bachelor, but hell, married life is much more fun, so I live with a little clutter. Right now I'm in our computer room, though, and it looks like a messy techy's workbench. I don't know why the kids can't put away something when they are done with it.[:/]

To Brie, Jen, Sarah and skymama:

Whenever any of you are feeling the need for a pick-me -up, just give me a call. I have an apartment that will keep you in good spirits for weeks.:S:ph34r:
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Im in between.

I was a packrat for years. just is case I need it later.
Im with Chrissay on this one, I didnt have much as a kid, and wasnt willing to part with what I did have.
but i have come to realize that if I aint gonna use it, Im gonna send it packin. Having a neat and tidy home is gettin more important.
If you saw it now, you'd not think that, but when we clean, its an all day or more affair. EVERYTHING gets cleaned.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865