I See Fat People (Home from Kosovo Part 2)

So the unit, spousal, one each and I went to the movies today.

I've been in Kosovo for six months, and almost all people there are HWP (height and weight proportionate), even skinny. I got home yesterday, and I made an observation:

Americans really are a bunch of fat f***s.

Actually, I was close to being one before I went overseas, but after an initial gain, I started dropping some lbs for several reasons.

In Kosovo, I walked a lot, for one thing. Don't have a car, and it doesn't matter because most stuff is within reasonable walking distance anyway, or a cheap cab ride if need be.

For another, I didn't drink any fine craft brew (no such thing in Kosovo). I also refrained from rich foods like pizza, tortellini, etc.

And the food service at Bondsteel posts all the calories for all the foods they serve. I've noticed the calorie loads of some of my favorite foods and have selected lower-cal items for meals instead.

The result? Upon coming home, I was amazed by slipping into clothes I haven't been able to wear for over five years or more, and I'm delighted, because I was considering tossing them out and buying bigger ones.

Wrong! B|

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Welcome home. Want a dounut?:D

USA = Fatest country
Michigan = #2 or 3 for Fatest state
Genesee county= Fatest county in Mich.

I live in one of the fatest places in the world. Woo hoo! We used to produce a lot of cars. Now we lead the world in fat production.:D

I had the exact same observation a month ago. I live in Malaysia. I am average height and a little overweight but not so bad that i cant see my belt anymore and over here I am a giant. I cant find clothes or shoes. When I got back, I was amazed at how HUGE
Americans are and not just a few, EVERYONE.

Here's to the Breezes that blows through the Trezzez.....

"And yet...why are stores ALWAYS out of the smallest sizes???"

They don't bring in high numbers of small sizes, because they aren't worn by the average person. They may bring in size 4 or 6 of a certain item and that same item in size 12 or higher there can be 30 of that item.

Trust me I feel your pain. Try finding a small size with a long inseam!!Grrrrrrr.

Bobbi

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

I like shopping the sales and finding a $350 jacket that was 50% off, then marked down another 50% off of that, so I get it for $90 and pay my tailer $30 to make it fit (b/c it's always two sizes too big.:D). I get a perfectly tailored jacket for $120 that was originally $350 and may or may not have been perfectly fitted to me.:)
But, that only happens on the rare occassion. It takes stamina and aggresiveness to stand there all day shifting clothes on the racks pushing other women over/getting pushed over in the process.:ph34r: Admitedly, I just can't hang.:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.