WingFlyer

Mamba and accessing audible

Hi there. I have a Mamba helmet. Love it.
Just bought an audible and I'm wondering if upeeling the ear padding from the velcro holding it in place to turn the audible on/off for each jump will wear down the velcro attachment on the helmet, or the fabric of the ear padding very quickly.

What's your experience with this? Hopefully my concerns are not justified.

it will wear down the fabric on the earpad. don't know if there is much you can do about it. i got over 1000 jumps with the same helmet (bonehead mindwarp) and i pull out the earpad before my first jump of the day to turn on the audible. it still hold pretty good, you just have to make sure the velcro grips it or the earpad could fall out.

My Mamba has a slot for an audible also. You should have a rigger look at it (or do it yourself, it's no biggy) and just do a lil' slice at the hollow part of the audible pocket, so it's front accessible!
...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!

The audible pockets in the mamba are on the back side of the ear padding pieces. In other words, the cavity faces the shell, not the ear, so your ear doesn't go into a hole. This means that to turn the audible on/off, I need to unpeel the ear padding piece to access the cavity.

Do you guys put the ear pads on the other way around? Maybe I have them in backwards? Really dont think so. This is how I bought it and my rigger checked it out. It would be weird the other way around...the ear would go into a whole with rubber bands (which hold the audible.)

Called bonhead and they confirmed that mine is setup right, and that wear could become an issue at which point I may need to restic another velcro tab, or buy more pads. This would be a long term thing though. They also gave the suggestion that iambeav2 gave about cutting a slit.

One last thing. He said his audible turns itself on and off automatically. I just got an Optima, and don't know if it does that. THe manual makes no mention of this...

The Mamba has "holes" on the velcro side of the pads, and on the front side of the pads, some of us are lucky enough to have a peice of fabric w/ a slit in the top for an easily made pocket. Others are not so luck i guess and have a solid piece of fabric over the "hole" and have to peel the pads back...just cut a slit in the front, I will take picturs when I get home and show you!!
...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!