RedKite

Ever scary after all these years

I have been jumping for a few years and have noticed some people who (from their facial expressions) don't ever seem to be really enjoying themselves when they are skydiving.

That said, very occasionally and without warning, I find myself feeling anxious in the aircraft in a manner that is completely out of context with my totally relaxed feeling on 99% of jumps.

Once the door opens any fear disappears but it still puzzles me why this happens.

Anybody else ever experience this?

Red Kite

PS Hangover jumps are excluded !!!

----------------------------------------------

The probability of being observed is directly proportionate to the stupidity of the act.

I have been jumping for a few years and have noticed some people who (from their facial expressions) don't ever seem to be really enjoying themselves when they are skydiving.

That said, very occasionally and without warning, I find myself feeling anxious in the aircraft in a manner that is completely out of context with my totally relaxed feeling on 99% of jumps.

Once the door opens any fear disappears but it still puzzles me why this happens.

Anybody else ever experience this?

Red Kite

PS Hangover jumps are excluded !!!

Stop cutting the control lines. I find that always helps. :D

------
Two of the three voices in my head agree with you. It might actually be unanimous but voice three only speaks Welsh.

Me too, sometimes and it's usually because I'm going to do something when I would really rather be doing something else. For example, going on a freefly jump when I would rather be doing the 4-way with the big boys or going on a fun jump when I really would rather be doing a training jump.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

only once in a while when I do a jump I haven't done before or one I haven't done in a while. It's not fear, but the heart rate really goes up right before exit then once I'm in the air, all is cool. B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban