skydiverbrian

Lake Wales NON-SKYDIVING plane crash

Plane crash yesterday at Lake Wales on the local news. They're saying that no one saw it happen, but there's always someone at the DZ. Betty Hill was on TV saying that she shouted at the pilot, but he didn't move. Almost sounds like it happened at night and they found it the next day.

Anyone know for sure?

In a world full of people, only some want to fly... isn't that crazy! --Seal

Almost sounds like it happened at night and they found it the next day. Anyone know for sure?

From your own linked article:
"...police Lt. Troy Schulze said it is unclear if the small plane was taking off or landing when it crashed on the runway about 1:30 p.m. Schulze said it appears Shimer lost control and one of the small plane's wings dug into the runway, flipping it. "The pilot compartment completely collapsed," Schulze said."
Google search with numerous stories:
http://news.google.com/nwshp?hl=en&tab=wn&q=lake%20wales%20plane%20crash

Yeah, it seemed pretty obvious that it lost control and flipped.

But the TV news anchor said that nobody saw it happen. She made it sound like somebody was just walking around the airport and happened upon a crashed plane.

I would imagine that something like that would make a noise. Unless, of course, no one was around. Then maybe it's like trees falling in the forest with no one to hear it.

In a world full of people, only some want to fly... isn't that crazy! --Seal

I would imagine that something like that would make a noise.

I don't know.........in 1993 I was standing about 600yds from the spot where a B-52 smacked into the ground. Nothing left that was recognizeable except the right horizontal stab. I didn't hear a thing except the emergency tones over the radio very shortly after it hit. Then I saw the HUGE plume of black smoke.