ntrprnr

OK, explain THIS skydiving dream...

Last night:

Landed with no problems. Walking to the hangar, I had to get into an elevator. Canopy blew into the elevator, I didn't, doors closed, I started getting dragged towards the door, I had to release my RSL, then pull my cutaway handle, which of course, took forever. Finally cut away as I was flush up against the door.

Then had to spend an hour finding a custodian (and had to tip him) to get him to go to the bottom of the elevator shaft and get my canopy back.

Woke up before I got the canopy back, but I remember we were on our way.

Explain THAT one.

Oh, and during the jump, we were a few feet above the ground the whole time, like we were in a wind tunnel, but when me and the person I was jumping with deployed, both our canopies opened without a problem regardless, and just sort of stood us up.

There was a lady in my apartment who had this little terrier that she would walk with a retractable leash. After one walk she got in the elevator and the dog did not. Doors closed and the elevator started to go up. You could hear her freakin out as the doorman and I watched stunned as the terrier slides up the outside of the elevator doors. He was in a harness so although squeezed was otherwise fine by the time the lady pushed the emergency stop. Would have been cool if the little guy cutaway and pulled his reserve.

Did you have a Keanu Reeves film festival recently? Because I think you've just successfully combined Point Break and the opening scene of Speed in your dream.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Did you have a Keanu Reeves film festival recently? Because I think you've just successfully combined Point Break and the opening scene of Speed in your dream.

HAHAHAHA!! :D:D Oh crap. Cheez-it chunks just sprayed everywhere. :D:D

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

No... The I would have been shooting at everyone in the lobby of the building, and Enigma would have been playing in the background.

dreams can be vary strange at times and i'm sure you have all had the "Oh shit i forgot my rig dream" there was this 1 dream i had where i was waiting for my rig to arrive so i thought i would jump without 1 ya no just to keep me current and the canopy that i didn't have on my back didn' open i panicked and de-arched and landed in the trees to slow me down
dreams can be pretty cool at times but they always have a strange twist to them

Putting Krisanne's excellent explanation aside; I think it has to do with the fact that your work and skydiving are probably the two things most on your mind. And most likely, work represents the stress side of your life, while skydiving represents your relaxation.

Chris