JSBIRD

Toilet training my cat

I'm fed up dealing with the cat litter box in my 40 foot converted bus. (My cat is indoor only.)
I looked online for a toilet training method, and finally settled on the "Kitty Whiz Transfer System"
I'm planning to start today, and have been telling Vincent that he is getting rid of his box. I'm not too sure he understands, but I'm ready to get started.

Anyone with experience toilet training cats?
Good? Bad? Ugly?

"Now I've settled down,
in a quiet little town,
and forgot about everything"

City Kitty do a toilet training method.

Edit: just googled your produt you got and it includes "a diploma to give your cat when the training is completed".

WTF? Who even thinks of that!

------
Two of the three voices in my head agree with you. It might actually be unanimous but voice three only speaks Welsh.

HA, I have friends of mine in Seattle who did this. They started when it was a kitty and the cat adapted very well. Matter of fact if the toilet isn't flushed after each use, the cat gets all bent. The owner also used to wipe the cat's ass after each poop - now the cat tries to pull the toilet paper too. :D

I tired to train both my adult males in vain - they wanted nothing to do with it. I gave up and then bought an automatic scooping litter box - it scared the bejesus outta the oldest and he refused to poop for a week. I'm back to the `ol litter box from hell. :|

GOOD LUCK!!!!

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

I had a friend do this with her cats, and the cats caught on well and really liked the arrangement. The only thing is, they thought sinks and bathtubs were pretty much the same as a toilet! You can see where this would be a problem, right?

My wife and I are actually working on this now with our two 5 month old cats. So far they seem to be doing pretty well but it just takes some time. We are up to the point now of having a pan in the toilet with some litter and they don't have any problems using it. We are slowly taking the litter away and then going to add water to the pan. I have to clean up litter on the bathroom floor every time they take a dump but in a month it will all be well worth it!

I have heard too that once you remove the litter it starts to stink and is definitley the worst part about toilet training but the pros way out weigh the cons. I'll put up with a couple weeks of crap smell for a lifetime of never having to clean out a crappy litter box again :P The only other downside is that you lose a bathroom to the cats but oh well that's alright B| Good luck!
FALLATIO #13
PELT HEAD #20

The only other downside is that you lose a bathroom to the cats but oh well that's alright B| Good luck!

Wait a minute...if I were ever to own a cat (more likely that hell would freeze over -- no, my wife's cat doesn't count), and tried to do this, the bathroom would have to be "theirs"??!! Meaning, I wouldn't be "allowed" to take a crap in my bathroom used by the cats?
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I trained one of my cats using something like that... The only problem I had was that I had two cats and one of them learned but the other one didn't... And the one that learned had to put up with my hysterical laughter every time he went for a poop. :D

City Kitty do a toilet training method.

Edit: just googled your produt you got and it includes "a diploma to give your cat when the training is completed".

WTF? Who even thinks of that!

It's going pretty well so far, but I'll wait until we have a mishap-free week before giving Vincent his diploma.

"Now I've settled down,
in a quiet little town,
and forgot about everything"